Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most Unforgivable RTD/Quit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, stop debating and watch this. That's your answer, bar none.

Comment

How is that after 6 pages nobody mentioned that Arreola did not quit against Vitali?

Either his corner or the ref stopped it. Can anyone confirm which? Because when the ref was waving his arms to indicate it was over, Arreola's trainer was shaking his head at him.

Marg did not quit against Cotto either.

Comment

ortiz\maidana was a close 2nd especially after the "i don't deserve that" interview. i'm a HW fan & when i watched vitali\byrd i fully expected vitali to punish & KO byrd. i had him way out in front & then he retired. all he had to do was get on his bike for a couple rounds & hold on to his trinket(WBO title)& his undefeated record. he did it live on HBO. i always thought it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. if he didn't quit vs byrd would lennox have been so quick to have him replace kirk johnson on short notice? not many fighters have gotten more out of a loss then vitali klitschko.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
          Guys, stop debating and watch this. That's your answer, bar none.

this is worse then all of them. i like golota so i guess i somehow forgot that blatant quit...his corner was pissed off!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
            How is that after 6 pages nobody mentioned that Arreola did not quit against Vitali?

Either his corner or the ref stopped it. Can anyone confirm which? Because when the ref was waving his arms to indicate it was over, Arreola's trainer was shaking his head at him.

Marg did not quit against Cotto either.
            Well I was going by the official record in those two cases (not all cases) but they are both recorded as RTD, whether it was corner stoppage or not. It's unclear what happened exactly but they must be RTDs for a reason, maybe all the verbal exchanges at the time of the stoppage weren't caught by the live cameras.

In the Dawson vs Ward fight it's recorded as a TKO but Dawson said to the ref "get me outta here" after which the ref stopped the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
              Which fighter would you consider that most unforgivable for retiring during a fight, and refusing to fight on? I'll throw a few names/fights in a poll..
              By far Mike Tyson Vs Kevin McBride

Tyson ahead on all scorecards quits after the sixth round.
              Tyson announced his retirement after the fight, saying, "I don't have the guts to fight anymore. My heart is not in it anymore. I don't want to disrespect the sport I love."

BY FAR this is Unforgivable to not finish a fight that you are winning and do this even if you had a legendary career like Tyson, you don't do this to the people who payed to watch you fight.

Comment

Originally posted by pimpgoz View Post
                By far Mike Tyson Vs Kevin McBride

Tyson ahead on all scorecards quits after the sixth round.
                Tyson announced his retirement after the fight, saying, "I don't have the guts to fight anymore. My heart is not in it anymore. I don't want to disrespect the sport I love."

BY FAR this is Unforgivable to not finish a fight that you are winning and do this even if you had a legendary career like Tyson, you don't do this to the people who payed to watch you fight.
                Ok so Shot to Shyt Tyson quit against McBride

that's unexcusable

prime Vitali quit against Byrd and that's excusable?

Comment

Golota vs Grant

Comment

If you want to see a proper quit job look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkmrmrnD1d8

Hurricane quit after literally not one punch landed

Comment

Working...
                    X