No announcement yet.

A big myth regarding Danny Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A big myth regarding Danny Garcia

I feel there is big myth regarding Danny Garcia.

People keep saying Khan was whooping him, lucky punch etc

I gave Khan the first two rounds until Garcia switched it up and showed some versatility - Something I haven't really seen from Amir in all 30+ of his pro outings. If you watch the third round again, you will notice how good and how underrated Danny Garcia's defense is. Watch the third round, Khan can barely put a glove on the kid.

People say he only has a left hook. Watch the third round, he rips the **** out of Khan & he isn't throwing aimlessly like Amir does. IMO the bodyshots played a big factor in breaking Khan down.

Too say this kid is one dimensional, limited or has bad defense is crazy talk.
    He loosened up and broke Amir down. If they fight again, same result.
    They need to keep Khan in with soft touches, Garcia will end his career & I genuinely believe Judah is stylistically a harder fight for Garcia than Amir.

That is not a fighter with a bad defense & I don't agree Khan was winning that round before the knockdown.
    He is a underrated & very subtle.

Danny Garcia landed a lucky punch, we all know it. Amir Khan has every advantage over this kid, no reason to believe anything other than a Khan boxing clinic in a rematch. Garcia and his racist/classless father can enjoy their 15 minutes while it lasts.

Comment

Danny does not throw lucky KO punches. Luck does not exist. He threw does powerful hooks with intent.

Comment

Originally posted by Birkonian View Post
        Danny Garcia landed a lucky punch, we all know it. Amir Khan has every advantage over this kid, no reason to believe anything other than a Khan boxing clinic in a rematch. Garcia and his racist/classless father can enjoy their 15 minutes while it lasts.

A lucky punch lol
        Same punch he landed on Morales twice and a whole load of others...
        That is his money-punch!

He doesn't have every advantage at all.
        Power, chin, timing, power all go to Garcia. In fact the only advantage(s) he does have over Garcia is maybe stamina, workrate and handspeed.

Amir Khan would never beat him, no matter who trains him.
        Probably wouldn't beat Prescott in a rematch either and him & his team seems to know it.

Comment

He throws ******ed looping left hooks

Comment

Really?

How about power, how about chin?

Comment

You mean his intention was to land a wild, looping, wide hook on Amir Khan's neck?

Comment

A lucky punch doesnt get thrown 3-4 times before it lands, and then ko another person in his next fight.

Garcia will always beat Khan (by ko( unless Khan can somehow learn to switch it up in the ring. I made a thread about what i think are Khans biggest flaws and i brought up him dropping his non throwing hand while punching, and his predictability in attack (ie no feints, always step in 3-4 punches step out) and both play perfectly into the way Garcia looks to throw with his opponent and time them. While i think Khan will still have some good wins in his career, Garcia has his number. A fight with Garcia now has the same result as before unless Hunter can work some magic.

Comment

Garcia has a nice punch selection and his body work is second nature to him. He has a responsible defense that relies on parrying and torso movement. He showed in the Morales fight that his straight right is improving. Fact is, the two punches that Garcia throws well (left hook and overhand right) are punches that Khan is very vulnerable to. Add Garcia's timing to the equation and you have Khan/Garcia.

Comment

You mean his intention was to land a wild, looping, wide hook on Amir Khan's neck?

Good job it did his neck because if that was bought in forward 1" his glass chin would of literally shattered and sprayed press row.

Comment

Working...
                    X