No announcement yet.

Most Useless Discipline

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Useless Discipline

Whats the most useless discipline in MMA? Jose Conseco was using Ti Kwan Do and those announcers were saying he should cut out that ****. Is that the most useless discipline in MMA?

No discipline is useless.

Well, except for the weapon ones like Kendo.

Comment

Aikido and Ti Kwan Do are not very practical in real life but I wouldn't call them useless.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Demise View Post
          No discipline is useless.

Well, except for the weapon ones like Kendo.
          That's not true, you can learn some good timing and ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Organik View Post
            That's not true, you can learn some good timing and ****.
            No style is useless, but MMA is really a style all it's own. It's more a matter of ones personal talent and ones capacity to effectively adapt their style.

Comment

Known taekwondo users in MMA: Anderson Silva, Bas Rutten.

Aikido will never be used in MMA. Elbow points to the throat for counters and **** like that is illegal. Martial arts are used for killing and/or self defense in the highest degree.

MMA is a sport. So it uses "sport" oriented martial arts. BJJ, Wrestling, Judo, boxing, muay thai. etc. etc. No way in hell would you see martial arts such as Bajiquan in there. Why? Because it focuses on causing damage to vital points of the body.

Comment

I once got talking to this Brazilian girl who seemed nice, so we said we'd meet up sometime. One day she calls me and says that she's going to central London and would I like to come. That's all she says, no added info or anything, so I assume we'll look around the shops, then have a few drinks, see a movie, something like that.

Instead we meet some friends of hers and go to a capoeira class. After more than an hour of what seemed to be a cross between a martial art and a Village People dance, my feet were hurting so bad that I had to stop, and it hurt to walk for a couple of days afterwards.

The only useful thing I learned was how to do high kicks with better technique and keep my balance whilst doing so. This never came in handy in any situation that I ever found myself in, and I've forgotten it now anyway.

So, if it counts as a discipline, Capoeira gets my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackRooster View Post
                  Whats the most useless discipline in MMA? Jose Conseco was using Ti Kwan Do and those announcers were saying he should cut out that ****. Is that the most useless discipline in MMA?
                  you are useless too...but i say Shaolin or kungfu tai chi, drunken master are useless...

Comment

Originally posted by jakkups View Post
                    what the hell was that guy doing, he think he got powers or something haha?

Comment

Working...
                    X