No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum on Pacquiao's Health, Staging Marquez Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
    Guess it's not happening then because they will never give JMM the bigger share.
    Well that won't hurt my feelings as the better man won and has nothing more to prove at 40.

Unless Pac is willing to give up the bigger share and whatever else JMM wants/demands (i.e. drug testing) there is nothng to talk about.

He got the last laugh and if Pac wants a rematch he must make it worth JMM's wild to give Pac another shot.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
      Well that won't hurt my feelings as the better man won and has nothing more to prove at 40.

Unless Pac is willing to give up the bigger share and whatever else JMM wants/demands (i.e. drug testing) there is nothng to talk about.

He got the last laugh and if Pac wants a rematch he must make it worth JMM's wild to give Pac another shot.
      If he really wants it then he can go ahead with it, but he'll be making money whether he fights JMM or not.

Comment

Manila , thailandia , poonsawatt failed the drug test 3 times on thursday,,,,,,sad to know. Reported on bangkokpost .com...........rigo beat poon anyways. What ? Seems like evrone is on roids ?

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
          If he really wants it then he can go ahead with it, but he'll be making money whether he fights JMM or not.
          Nobodies saying Pac wouldn't however at 40, Pac would have to make it worth JMM's wild to give him a chance in rematch. Since Pac called all the shots before, JMM can now and if Pac doesn't like it, he can move on and just accept the fact that JMM got the better of him over a span of 42 rounds.

Comment

if pacquiao made 26 million to marquez's 6 million... best believe those numbers should be flipped around if there is a 5th fight...

marquez better call them shots

Comment

It is clear Arum does not want to risk Manny
              Losing again and lose him his multi million
              Dollar fight. Bastard.

Comment

Kind of a b1tch move by marquez to run away, but of course he feels he won all the fights so go figure.

As far as the money goes, the fact of the matter is manny is the draw, responsible for the bulk of the interest....i.e. money. Not saying marquez doesnt deserve more of the purse, as he adds to the allure of the matchup, but lettuce be reality.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
                  Kind of a b1tch move by marquez to run away, but of course he feels he won all the fights so go figure.

As far as the money goes, the fact of the matter is manny is the draw, responsible for the bulk of the interest....i.e. money. Not saying marquez doesnt deserve more of the purse, as he adds to the allure of the matchup, but lettuce be reality.
                  Pacquiao was KO out cold and although he will take more precautions on a 5th fight, if it ever happens, another similar shot to the one that knocked him out could end up on very serious brain issues. Pacquiao won't change his bad defense style from one fight to another and Marquez will remain as strong as he was so the potential for a similar shot to happen is present.

There is no way how can Pacquiao be the biggest draw after been knockout like that, now Marquez is the biggest draw and just as he accepted fighting on Pacquiao demands, it is the turn for Pacquiao to accept Marqueze's demands and a $20 million to $6 million for Marquez or any other 80% - 20% sounds fair to me, Maruqez deserves it., so if Pacquiao doesn't accept that than he just can move on and forget about it.

Comment

Originally posted by MexicanBoxing1 View Post
                    Pacquiao was KO out cold and although he will take more precautions on a 5th fight, if it ever happens, another similar shot to the one that knocked him out could end up on very serious brain issues. Pacquiao won't change his bad defense style from one fight to another and Marquez will remain as strong as he was so the potential for a similar shot to happen is present.

There is no way how can Pacquiao be the biggest draw after been knockout like that, now Marquez is the biggest draw and just as he accepted fighting on Pacquiao demands, it is the turn for Pacquiao to accept Marqueze's demands and a $20 million to $6 million for Marquees or any other 80% - 20% sounds fair to me, Maruqez deserves it., so if Pacquiao doesn't accept that than he just can move on and forget about it.
                    Just like marquez deserved a third fight and fat paycheck from pacquiao right? And no, Marquez won neither of the first two fights.

The knockout came as a result of manny being too careless. He smelled blood from having marquez hurt, and went for the kill. Instead of coming in with his hands up, the last couple of rounds he came in with his hands around his waist, just looking to trade and ko marquez. It was a careless mistake, and marquez is too good to make careless mistakes against.

Marquez looked like a fish out of water those last couple of rounds. He couldnt answer pacquiao, and pac was really starting to lay it on him. He was on his way to catching a beating, and got the easy out with the ko punch. He didnt prove anything as far as im concerned, other than getting a definite victory saturday night.

If pac wants a rematch, he deserves it. Id expect more from an atg than to just run away.
                    Last edited by ~AK49~; 12-13-2012, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MexicanBoxing1 View Post

There is no way how can Pacquiao be the biggest draw after been knockout like that, now Marquez is the biggest draw and just as he accepted fighting on Pacquiao demands, it is the turn for Pacquiao to accept Marqueze's demands and a $20 million to $6 million for Marquez or any other 80% - 20% sounds fair to me, Maruqez deserves it., so if Pacquiao doesn't accept that than he just can move on and forget about it.
                      you think JMM fighting an unknown opponent will be on PPV? pac fighting a b class fighter will surely be. so who's the bigger draw?

if ever they fight, i agree jmm has a big case to up his purse from the previous fight. but you're not facing reality if you think the purse split should be reversed. pac can just as walk away and get his millions the next fight while jmm will be fighting on hbo. money talks.

Comment

Working...
                      X