Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you knock Floyd for taking a tuneup fight after getting out of jail?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
    Let's be honest, aren't all fights basically a tuneup for someone with skills like Floyd. But seriously I wouldn't knock him, but I don't see how anyone could justify paying 65$ for a tune up.

It's too bad it's not 2011 because the ultimate thing to do for this situation would be for Floyd to fight on network tv against Randall Bailey in honor of the 35th anniversary of Rocky in December. Now it'd be 36th so it doesn't sound as good but you have to imagine some publicity stunt like that would sure get people talking.
    Wouldn't Paulie M be a more logical choice for a rocky reenactment? Him being you know...italian and whatnot.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
      I think you'll see Khan vs. Guerrero in December and the winner fights Floyd in May.
      I doubt they would risk Khan losing or looking bad, id think theys just feed him to Floyd for the payday

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
        It will be Khan

thats an easy tune up that would sell
        I wouldn't mind this fight and would pay for it. The buildup would be great as they're both entertaining people. Amir has a different style.

The only thing is I don't think it'll ever happen. I see Garcia upsetting Amir. Amir isn't someone I rank highly in the dependability and reliability departments.
        Let's be honest, aren't all fights basically a tuneup for someone with skills like Floyd. But seriously I wouldn't knock him, but I don't see how anyone could justify paying 65$ for a tune up.

It's too bad it's not 2011 because the ultimate thing to do for this situation would be for Floyd to fight on network tv against Randall Bailey in honor of the 35th anniversary of Rocky in December. Now it'd be 36th so it doesn't sound as good but you have to imagine some publicity stunt like that would sure get people talking.
        Why Bailey out of all people?

Comment

Id drop $65 for whoever he fights, $65 isnt much...

Comment

I still think he fights Khan in December

Comment

Would you expect Mayweather to get out of jail and take a big fight right away? If he did not take a big fight right away and took a tune up fight would you fault him for that?
              yes i would... that's what training is for! to see where you are physically. he doesn't have time for a fucqin tune up. he's a 36 year old champion.. the only tune-up he can have is the #1 contender. nuff said!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                Wouldn't Paulie M be a more logical choice for a rocky reenactment? Him being you know...italian and whatnot.
                Ok yeah that actually works so much better. Actually that sounds like the greatest idea ever. Just think about that. For six weeks running up to the fight they could show a Rocky every Saturday and have clips of during the commercials getting fans to know the fighters. It'd be like a mini version of 24/7.

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                Why Bailey out of all people?
                I dunno I just pulled him out. I just picked someone who could pay basically nothing to fight yet you could play up the underdog role.

Comment

Originally posted by TerrisJ3 View Post
                  yes i would... that's what training is for! to see where you are physically. he doesn't have time for a fucqin tune up. he's a 36 year old champion.. the only tune-up he can have is the #1 contender. nuff said!

Guerrero or Aydin?

Didnt Ali fight Quarry? was he a #1 contender?

Comment

I doubt they would risk Khan losing or looking bad, id think theys just feed him to Floyd for the payday
                    My thinking was that Khan doesn't have a belt at 147. And if Floyd refuses his mandatory, he vacates his belt at 147.

Then you would have Floyd vs. Khan but no world title on the line. Which he's done before but..

Comment

what is considered at Tuneup for Mayweather will still end up being against a pretty good fighter like Robert Guerrero or even Aydin if he beats Guerrero

Comment

Working...
                      X