No announcement yet.

Why is Martinez ranked above Ward p4p?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    I think moving up and beating two pound for pounders decisively, one of them by chilling KO, had a lot to do with it.
    Kelly Pavlik wasn't P4P was he?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      Martnez is here on the stregth of the PAul WIlliams KO. Seeing how Paul looked against Lara, and the subsequent Barker and Macklin wins being not as dominant as expected, it seems reasonable to argue Ward should be higher.

If Ward was an HBO fighter, and thus had equal or more exsposure, I believe he would be ahead of Martinez.
      After the Barker fight I dropped him down a few spots.

He cherry picked a fighter who only had one fight since his lay off and it was his first ever fight above Domestic level which was against Spada and Barker looked distinctly average.

The fight was not only a joke but Martinez lost quite a few rounds against him.

After that, I had to drop him down a few spots.

Comment

It is all subjective. And to the ones saying it is not how you win, check again. Donaire was raised in the rankings after KOing Montiel and Martinez after KOing Williams. And if having a tough fight deducts points than Pacquiao should not be no. 2 anymore. It doesn't matter anyways it is all opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post
          How many weight classes has he jumped? My goodness.
          Fought in 3 different weight classes and how much has ward fought in ?

CRICKETSSSSS

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            who is the other one? maybe i'm forgetting something
            it's early and i've already lost out on 1000 in business this week

kelly went 12

and he stopped cintron 100% but he was no p4p at the time
            what a joke that was. if you complain long enough, man, they'll let you finish the fight after you get stopped

wHO HAS WARD STOPPED ? CRICKETSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Comment

Originally posted by tikay0036
              Because i wouldnt pay to see ward vs. roy jones in his prime. The dude is crazy boring.
              Are you kidding? That would be an amazing fight. How are you going to out slick and out box a guy who is so slick he doesn't even have to box? Just imagining that fight in fantasy land made me get excited about the sport as a whole.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                Are you kidding? That would be an amazing fight. How are you going to out slick and out box a guy who is so slick he doesn't even have to box? Just imagining that fight in fantasy land made me get excited about the sport as a whole.

Comment

Originally posted by EdMon917 View Post
                  Why don't you like that as a fantasy fight eh Tommy Lee? Instead of trying so hard and using ALT codes to make yourself seem serious about boxing, take me to school on why I'm wrong about either of those fighters?

Comment

Ward deserves to be above Martinez.

Comment

Ward is number 3 p4p

Comment

Working...
                      X