Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video: Rigo's resistance to Left hook? A KO waiting to Happen!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
    donaire-rigo is a size and style mismatch. its not as competitive as everyone else thinks

nonaire is gonna put rigo away in under 5 rounds... too strong, too big and nonaire being a southpaw is such a huge, huge disadvantage to rigos style.
    Donaire is Orthodox but His left hand's the dominant hand!.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
      Donaire is more experienced as a PRO. Rigo runs in his fight with Cordoba. He was tested in the Marroquin fight. Rigo cant win this fight running away!
      This is a fight between 2 elite fighters not 2 resumes,Donair has a far better Pro record just as Rigo has a far superior amateur one. The truth is each fighter will be facing his best opponent to date. I have watched a lot of Donair's fights some are very impressive some he shows his limitations and gets hit too much. Nothing you have written convinces me that this is a cert for Donair and the truth is this fight can go either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
        This is a fight between 2 elite fighters not 2 resumes,Donair has a far better Pro record just as Rigo has a far superior amateur one. The truth is each fighter will be facing his best opponent to date. I have watched a lot of Donair's fights some are very impressive some he shows his limitations and gets hit too much. Nothing you have written convinces me that this is a cert for Donair and the truth is this fight can go either way.
        Donaire fought the best fighter from 112 -122 for years. But I haven't seen him got wobbled like Rigo did in his short pro career! Rigo also was older than Donaire! Now I;m not sure if Rigo's the best opponent to date! I can see this fight ends in the 1st flush Left hook from Donaire! Could be a short night.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
          donaire-rigo is a size and style mismatch. its not as competitive as everyone else thinks

nonaire is gonna put rigo away in under 5 rounds... too strong, too big and nonaire being a southpaw is such a huge, huge disadvantage to rigos style.
          Donaire is not a southpaw but he likes to fight southpaw every once in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
            Donaire fought the best fighter from 112 -122 for years. But I haven't seen him got wobbled like Rigo did in his short pro career! Rigo also was older than Donaire! Now I;m not sure if Rigo's the best opponent to date! I can see this fight ends in the 1st flush Left hook from Donaire! Could be a short night.
            Did I say Rigo would wobble or KO Donair? Rigo has all the tools to out point Donair. I have seen plenty of fights where Donair has taken way too many shots and got heavily marked up from fighters who are no where near Rigo's level when it comes to fast straight accurate punches. Rigo has an exceptional defense and will have a healthy respect for Donair's left hook. He won't be making it easy for Donair to land that thing.

Comment

Yeah, Rigo is a small dude at the weight and even though Donaire has moved up more, he'll be the guy with a clear size and power advantage.

Rigo should move down another division to 118. Much better suited as a bantam.

Anyway, I think he'll get tagged by a left hook right on the temple or top of the head and it'll throw him way off if it doesn't KHTFO.

Doniare is so much more suited to the pros, and as good as Rigo might have been once, if he'd have gotten to the pros much earlier he is still basically a long term, life long in boxing terms, amateur style fighter. He hasn't changed his game to suit the pros enough yet and because of his age, he probably won't really ever be able to fully adjust. Pity.

Comment

I see Donaire knocking Rigondeaux out with a left hook.

As predictable is that sounds, it's just the way I see it.

I don't see anyway Donaire doesn't land a hard punch and I don't think Rigondeaux's going to take it well.

Comment

so he got hit with a few shots he didn;t see, he just needs to watch that right hand he keeps dropping it.

Comment

Its funny how your god gets koed so you move onto nonito

Comment

I have an opinon which I think is not going to be popular here but I truly feel like it's true.

The main reason we haven't seen more Cuban fighters be great pro's is obviously because of communism and the fact they can't make it out of Cuba but when they do, still very few become GREAT pro's.

I think it's because of the Cuban style which I hate. I respect it, think it's phenomenal for the Olympics and international amateur circuit but not made for the pro's.

Weight on you're back foot style, touch and don't be touched just doesn't bode well in the 12 round fight.

I think Rigo is going to move and box, but he can't do that for 12 rounds and the speed of Donaire and power is going to catch up to him. I wouldn't be shocked if we see a late KO by Donaire.

Comment

Working...
                      X