No announcement yet.

So about this Canelo guy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
    GBP really got themselves in a bind protecting Canelo. They know he needs a high profile fight to face Mayweather but they don't wanna risk him losing to a relatively unknown fighter. That would seriously cut into their earnings. If anything this isn't a good look for Canelo, I don't think he's too confident in himself. I don't understand why he can't just fight Trout on the undercard in May and then worry about getting a fight with Floyd in September, WHY does he need a damn guarantee if he can headline PPV's on his own?!? It's not for the money cause I'm sure he's racking it in right now.
    I think the answer to this is cause he knows Trout is a HUGE threat and chances of him beating Trout are not very good. Especially when he has fought absolutely NOBODY that would prepare him for the big boys. He ****ed up and GBP ****ed up.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
      Didn't Alvarez say in the interview that if he doesn't get the guarantee he is not fighting Trout? I would take that to mean even if Alvarez got his own card he is not fighting Trout.
      That's exactly what it is. Floyd fans need to wake up. All they see is ginger/Floyd in september, not realizing that ginger is using Floyd as his excuse to duck Trout. Watch after ginger ducks Trout he'll say "well Floyd didn't want to sign the guarantee", so we had to go elsewhere. Elsewhere sure. Put on a separate event with himself & Trout as the main. But it'll be he & another bum with Floyd to blame, just watch.

Comment

Didn't Alvarez say in the interview that if he doesn't get the guarantee he is not fighting Trout? I would take that to mean even if Alvarez got his own card he is not fighting Trout.
        He did? Wow this is exactly what I said . What makes people think he will still fight Trout if he doesn't get the guarantee? He will still fight bums to make himself look good and hopefully "earn" that shot at Mayweather.
        Last edited by .:: JSFD26 ::.; 01-25-2013, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          That's exactly what it is. Floyd fans need to wake up. All they see is ginger/Floyd in september, not realizing that ginger is using Floyd as his excuse to duck Trout. Watch after ginger ducks Trout he'll say "well Floyd didn't want to sign the guarantee", so we had to go elsewhere. Elsewhere sure. Put on a separate event with himself & Trout as the main. But it'll be he & another bum with Floyd to blame, just watch.
          Sounds like the "oh well he tried to fight Williams and Kirkland" . But ended up fighting a JWW.

Comment

I don't know about that. These are his exact words:

These are Canelo's words:

“Para mí es muy complicado ser coestelar; de hecho, yo no quería, pero entendí que hay que ser flexible para pelear con Mayweather, y sólo por eso acepté hacerlo. Pero si no firma para que nos enfrentemos en septiembre, te prometo que no peleo el 4 de mayo”, aclaró en entrevista con RÉCORD.
            “Yo ya probé que puedo llenar cualquier arena, y eso me motiva mucho para seguir entrenando y seguir peleando para la gente. Yo no necesito ser coestelar de Floyd Mayweather, pero hay que poner de nuestra parte”, comentó.
            “Austin Trout es el único rival que hay, no hay otro en la lista ni nada por el estilo, y es casi un hecho que voy contra él; sólo estoy a la espera de que nos confirmen que ya firmaron los dos (Mayweather y Trout), y listo”, dijo el ‘Canelo’.
            “Floyd va a pelear el 4 de mayo y nosotros, también. Si peleamos en esa fecha es porque tenemos firmada la pelea contra Mayweather en septiembre”,declaró.

Sounds like the date is the issue, not the opponent. He says that Trout is the only guy out there for him to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post

“Para mí es muy complicado ser coestelar; de hecho, yo no quería, pero entendí que hay que ser flexible para pelear con Mayweather, y sólo por eso acepté hacerlo."

Sounds like the date is the issue, not the opponent. He says that Trout is the only guy out there for him to fight.
              Sounds like a DIVA to me...

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post

Yeah he's saying it now. But didn't his team also say he started training in January?? And didn't they also say they are waiting on Floyd & Trout to sign??

Comment

Yeah he's saying it now. But didn't his team also say he started training in January?? And didn't they also say they are waiting on Floyd & Trout to sign??
                  Trout could sign the contract so its locked in that he is fighting Alvarez and if its moved off the undercard they can re-work the financials and the date. So IMO Alvarez doesn't really want Trout. Truthfully a fight with Trout has nothing to do with PBF if that is who Alvarez really wanted to fight before a possible fight with PBF.

Comment

Trout could sign the contract so its locked in that he is fighting Alvarez and if its moved off the undercard they can re-work the financials and the date. So IMO Alvarez doesn't really want Trout. Truthfully a fight with Trout has nothing to do with PBF if that is who Alvarez really wanted to fight before a possible fight with PBF.
                    That was clear the minute that Trout beat Cotto & him & Oscar fled the arena. They showed up to the press conference. They were there all through the buildup & ran outa the arena when Trout was announced the winner.

Comment

That was clear the minute that Trout beat Cotto & him & Oscar fled the arena. They showed up to the press conference. They were there all through the buildup & ran outa the arena when Trout was announced the winner.
                      You know they sell hate tinted glasses in bulk around here though!! Guy gets blamed for something he has nothing to do with its just crazy!!!

Is it a first for a guy to be considered ducking 2 guys at the sametime?
                      Last edited by tredh; 01-25-2013, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X