No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto Says Being a "Free Agent" Was The Only Way

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cotto Says Being a "Free Agent" Was The Only Way

Former three division world champion Miguel Cotto (37-3, 30KOs) is very happy with his decision to become a free agent. For nearly his entire career the Puerto Rican boxer was promoted by Top Rank. The promotional agreement ran out on December 31 of last year.

Cotto now uses his own company, Miguel Cotto Promotions, to promote his career. He worked with Golden Boy Promotions for the May fight with Floyd Mayweather Jr. He will work with them again on December 1, when he challenges junior middleweight champion Austin Trout.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Bob Arum's a ****

Comment

Cotto is a smart man,he is at the point in his career where he does not need a promoter

Comment

Tell them how it is Cotto!! Can't wait for this Trout fight.

Comment

Thew way most big names do business. He can fight whoever he wants

Comment

you know arum is a complete tosser when a guy like cotto calls him a liar. maybe pacman can leave aswell, but then again i suspect i have more chance of winning the lottery.

Comment

He mocked 1 of the pac tard holy trinity Bob Arum. This thread goes 20 pages.

Comment

"We have no middlemen here. We make the decisions."
                only if manny was as smart

Comment

With Arum it probably was not a blatant lie, but more of a shady one.

Cotto: "How much will I get Paid Bob?"
                  Arum: "4 million with the potential to earn much more if we somehow get 4 million buys"
                  Cotto: "I reject 4 million"
                  Arum: "See Media, I just offered cotto 13 million and he rejected it"

With Arum you always have to ask what the Guaranteed amount is, otherwise he will spit out potential earnings. Those potential earnings are never guaranteed and you just know Arum's calculator is working in heavy favor of him.

Comment

Arum is mad right now in a few months watch him start bashing cotto

Comment

Working...
                    X