Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victor Ortiz and Vanessa Bryant rumors are false.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victor Ortiz and Vanessa Bryant rumors are false.

Victor Ortiz's only date is with Andre Berto

By Dan Rafael

Vanessa Bryant filed for divorce from Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant last week, and this week rumors spread across the Internet that she was dating former welterweight titleholder Victor Ortiz, who also lives in Southern California.

Apparently, some people care about this sort of gossip and make a big deal out of it, and Ortiz wasn't thrilled by the rumors. So he put out a statement Thursday night through spokesperson Bill Caplan addressing the issue.

"I would like to deny any and all rumors that I am dating Vanessa Bryant," Ortiz said. "In fact, Mrs. Bryant and I have never met. It is unfortunate that during her family's trying times in her relationship with Kobe, uncaring people start these rumors without any merit."

Ortiz went on to say that he was strictly focused on his upcoming rematch with Andre Berto, whom Ortiz outpointed in April in a sensational slugfest.

"The only date I have is with destiny on February 11, 2012, against Andre Berto," Ortiz said. "That is the only date I'm focusing on. Happy and healthy holidays to all."

Comment

Working...
    X