Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playstation 4 News

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I also heard that for the next gen games, they wanna cut out buying of used games & a whole bunch of other crap that's kept the systems from being released already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      I also heard that for the next gen games, they wanna cut out buying of used games & a whole bunch of other crap that's kept the systems from being released already.
      How about digital releases only? that way they can also save money by not making the boxes and cds
      only release physical copies on pal zones where internet might not be accesible

Comment

• That's gonna suck but I know it's inevitable. There's nothing better than actually collecting games and seeing them stack up there one by one. I'm sure hard copies of games will cease years from now. I wonder if you keep unopened copies of games, how much they will cost in the future. PS1 and PS2 unopened games already cost a bunch right now.

Comment

• The transition to digital gaming is going to ****ing suck.

I'm a collector, as I imagine many of you are. So not being able to have that feeling of accomplishment for tracking down a rare gem and getting a good price on it is going to blow.

What's worse is that these next gen consoles most likely won't be backwards compatible. We already know that the PS4 won't be, and we'll find out soon whether or not Microsoft's will be, but I'm honestly not expecting it.

I wouldn't be surprised if consoles are never backwards compatible again. Not only does it save the devolpers money by not including backwards compatibility, but there's also the issue of DLC and how to make that work on consoles that are backwards compatible, which I'm sure would be a programming headache.

I honestly don't think I'll continue gaming if devolpers force everybody to go digital, because I'll lose a significant amount of my gaming satisfaction that comes from collecting.

Then there's the issue of console devolpers wanting to design consoles that make it impossible to play pre-owned video games, eliminating the fun that comes from bargain hunting on sites like amazon and ebay, or the fun you get from trading with fellow collectors.

The future of gaming is going to suck ass.

Comment

• Here's a great article on why the PS4 won't be backwards compatible.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/arti...t-Do-PS3-Games

Comment

• That will only be a problem for me in the beginning when the ps4 doesn't have a lot of games yet. I remember when the ps3 first came out I played a couple Ps2 games on it because simply I didn't have many ps3 games to play. As time went on and my Ps3 inventory grew as did the PS store, I never wanted to play an old ps2 game again. I realize lots of people like to play old games though, so no backwards compatibility is gay any way you slice it.

As far as used games go, its confirmed they will play on the ps4.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthi...ay-used-games/

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                I also heard that for the next gen games, they wanna cut out buying of used games & a whole bunch of other crap that's kept the systems from being released already.
                That's what M$ is doing not Sony. Sony already came out and said they're doing the right thing when it comes to used games. They'll allow used games to be played on their system.

Another interesting tidbit I heard about the Xbox 720 is that it's gonna have always online DRM, which means you'll have to constantly be connected to the internet when gaming.

Comment

• Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
                  That's what M$ is doing not Sony. Sony already came out and said they're doing the right thing when it comes to used games. They'll allow used games to be played on their system.

Another interesting tidbit I heard about the Xbox 720 is that it's gonna have always online DRM, which means you'll have to constantly be connected to the internet when gaming.
                  Nobody knows for sure whether Microsoft is pursuing such technology for this upcoming generation. What is known is that both Sony and Microsoft are interested in implementing that technology into their consoles in the future, otherwise they wouldn't both be researching it.

I think we'll be cool on the used games front for this upcoming generation, but beyond that is anybody's guess.

As for the always online DRM rumor : It's just that. A rumor. Nobody knows much of anything about MS's next console at this point and it'll likely stay that way until April.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                    Nobody knows for sure whether Microsoft is pursuing such technology for this upcoming generation. What is known is that both Sony and Microsoft are interested in implementing that technology into their consoles in the future, otherwise they wouldn't both be researching it.

I think we'll be cool on the used games front for this upcoming generation, but beyond that is anybody's guess.

As for the always online DRM rumor : It's just that. A rumor. Nobody knows much of anything about MS's next console at this point and it'll likely stay that way until April.
                    No doubt, this is all speculation on my part reading "rumors" online, you know how that goes. Plus i'm giving M$ the benefit of the doubt since they haven't announced theirs yet. Sony did come out and said they're supporting used games though.

Comment

• Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
                      No doubt, this is all speculation on my part reading "rumors" online, you know how that goes. Plus i'm giving M$ the benefit of the doubt since they haven't announced theirs yet. Sony did come out and said they're supporting used games though.
                      According to rumors, the next Xbox will be backwards compatible with the 360, even enhancing the graphics of later releases.

I hope that's true.

Comment

Working...
                      X