No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kessler: Me Against Bute, You Might Says It's Revenge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kessler: Me Against Bute, You Might Says It's Revenge

Former super middleweight champion Mikkel Kessler has no problem with going to Montreal for a fight with IBF champion Lucian Bute. Kessler is going to take a tune-up fight before the summer. Renan St-Juste has been mentioned as a possible opponent for Kessler's comeback. Kessler anticipates big business in Montreal, with a storyline of revenge. Kessler knocked out Montreal's Eric Lucas in 2006.

[Click Here To Read More]

I favor Bute. I think he can stop Kessler. Kessler is a proud warrior who actually does possess some solid fundamental skills. not fast, but not completely slow either. his win over froch, i think it was a draw - i just can't pick a winner, is starting to look more and more impressive. Bute is still just too sharp, too fast, and he has a lot more left in the tank

Comment

If Kessler travels it just gives his fans reason to cry and make excuses just like when he was schooled by Andre Ward for every second of every round.

All the same idiots who think making Ward beat Kessler because of headbutts will be grasping at straws when Bute knocks him out.

Comment

The Racket Squad: The Dane of Pain

Lucien Bute may be an easy sell at the Bell Center but he's a hard sell elsewhere.
        And thus the weight of the wait.
        The idea from the beginning was for Bute to challange the winner of the Showtime Super 6.
        His Montreal following has made this a very easy decision for his promotional machine to stick to.
        It is not a Vitaly/ Vlad type franchise, but 12,000 tickets per mismatch ain't a bad living.
        With Showtimes consent, all Lucien need do is fight lesser opponents until Andre Ward settles matters and then position a Ward/Bute PPV.
        The big sell is that it literally took years to create.
        It's a fixed game of Boxing bingo and the fan is not the winner.

If anyone thinks that this million dollar scheme will be placed into jeopardy by throwing Kessler into the mix, they are sadly mistaken.
        The pug from Denmark is too willful, too strong, more talented then given credit for and is simply a guy who can give anyone severe headaches on any given day or night.

In the days when CBS displayed live Sunday afternoon fights with greats like Gil Clancy doing the color, this match could have been made with ease.
        Fighters fought the best for the world to witness. There were actual titles at stake that meant something.
        If a fight became huge, we all cramed into a Madison Square Garden style arena or a local movie house and watched the action on a four sided screen or tiny closed circuit broadcast illumination.
        On an August night in 1980, 3,000 of us filled The Westchester County Center and witnessed Tommy Hearns take out Pepino Cuevas on a screen smaller then what now holds court in my living room.
        It was Hearns first title. It was a beautiful thing. It was 15 bucks.

But alas, we have entered the era of PPV. Each bout a top fighter engages in determines the direction in which the mega bucks will flow.
        And so Manny, Martinez, Ward and the aspiring bigshots like Alvarez and Donaire will take less chances until the moment to cash in are aligned with the
        stars of the Golden Rank top dog parasites.
        You know the team well. They want us to pay half a century plus to see the once brilliant Erik Morales get run out of town by a force of nature named Maidana.
        No. I am not a fortune teller. Just a realist. The realist in me says that Erik should be running a gym somewhere and Marcos should be throwing gloved hands with someone who does not exhibit medical concerns.
        But thats me. I am still haunted by the ghost of Benny 'Kid' Paret and dozens of others for whom the count came too slowly.
        Ray Mancini gets the picture better then most.

The sport has never been more of a business then it is today.
        Asking Boxing fans, who are mostly working class, to lay down 50 bucks to see Cotto in his waning days or Shane at his end of days, is criminal.
        Most of the time, we get what we pay for.
        Good, bad or indifferent, we all get pretty much what we are willing to accept as competition.
        What we will not get is Mr. Kessler upsetting an apple cart that was erected by Lucien Bute and team on the day the Super Six contestants were signed.

The Sweet Science has been diluted and we all miss the real sugar.
        The days of Ray and the King himself, Mr. Robinson, shall never resume their fistic splendor.

Nuff said.

Comment

I'll be shocked if Bute fights a live opponent anytime soon.

Comment

i understand solis got injuried but keep in mind it was after he got dropped from a right to the temple. i thought it was a close round till vitali dropped solis which sealed a 10/8 round, even if solis got up uninjuried. Solis did land about four good right hands to Klitschko face but the first decent shot Vitali landed, dropped the overweight lover easily. I do believe that odlanier, without a knee inury, would of got up after the knockdown however i also believe he would of been KOed in the second round anyway. Was not impressed with Solis and cannot see how he deserves a rematch when his recovery time will be around a year, give or take a few months. Solis should fight delboy, tyson fury or some other up and comer before i say he gets a rematch

Comment

Originally posted by StrangerInTown View Post
              The idea from the beginning was for Bute to challange the winner of the Showtime Super 6.
              [snip]
              With Showtimes consent, all Lucien need do is fight lesser opponents until Andre Ward settles matters and then position a Ward/Bute PPV.
              [snip]
              If anyone thinks that this million dollar scheme will be placed into jeopardy by throwing Kessler into the mix, they are sadly mistaken.
              Got to admit, with the current state of the sport, this isn't jaded thinking by any means.
              In the days when CBS displayed live Sunday afternoon fights with greats like Gil Clancy doing the color, this match could have been made with ease. Fighters fought the best for the world to witness. There were actual titles at stake that meant something. If a fight became huge, we all cramed into a Madison Square Garden style arena or a local movie house and watched the action on a four sided screen or tiny closed circuit broadcast illumination. On an August night in 1980, 3,000 of us filled The Westchester County Center and witnessed Tommy Hearns take out Pepino Cuevas on a screen smaller then what now holds court in my living room. It was Hearns first title. It was a beautiful thing. It was 15 bucks.
              We're being screwed. Badly. I watched Hearns-Duran on TV. I remember Hearns-Hagler at a close-circuit screening set up in a minor league hockey area up in the Canadian prairies. Probably about $12. But I think you've hit it squarely. The public continues to buy ridiculous PPVs so business interests can only say, Thank You Very Much! as they stuff their pockets with our cash.

Torrents are your friend...

Comment

Lucien Bute may be an easy sell at the Bell Center but he's a hard sell elsewhere.
                And thus the weight of the wait.
                His Montreal following has made this a very easy decision for his promotional machine to stick to.
                It is not a Vitaly/ Vlad type franchise, but 12,000 tickets per mismatch ain't a bad living.
                The big sell is that it literally took years to create.
                It's a fixed game of Boxing bingo and the fan is not the winner.

The pug from Denmark is too willful, too strong, more talented then given credit for and is simply a guy who can give anyone severe headaches on any given day or night.

Nuff said.
                That's your opinion pal but if Bute-Kessler doesn't happen, it will be because Kessler is not healed. Bute and Interbox are not scared of him. More, Showtime has to agree on the opponent and they don't pay 2 millions per fight for nothing. If Kessler is available, Bute will face to face him even if he doesn't want to. He signed the contract.

Comment

Working...
                X