Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Don George: I’m Here To Win And To Win By Knockout!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Don George: I’m Here To Win And To Win By Knockout!

Donovan George never had reservations about fighting Adonis Stevenson in Canada.

George was signed on to fight as a replacement in the event that Andre Dirrell pulled out of the proposed August showdown, which turned out to be the case. He was fine with the fight being relocated to the states.

He eventually got over his disappointment when Stevenson suffered an injury, postponing the bout two months to Friday. Nor was it of any concern when it was moved back to the Bell Center in Montreal, where it will air live on Wealth TV (Friday, 9PM ET/6PM PT). [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Donovan George never had reservations about fighting Adonis Stevenson in Canada.

George was signed on to fight as a replacement in the event that Andre Dirrell pulled out of the proposed August showdown, which turned out to be the case. He was fine with the fight being relocated to the states.

He eventually got over his disappointment when Stevenson suffered an injury, postponing the bout two months to Friday. Nor was it of any concern when it was moved back to the Bell Center in Montreal, where it will air live on Wealth TV (Friday, 9PM ET/6PM PT). [Click Here To Read More]
    This fight might produce some fireworks. I'm surprised no one else has mentioned more about it. It's gonna be a great weekend of boxing. I can't wait to get home crack a nice cold one and enjoy the festivities lol

Comment

If George connects early all bets are off as he can punch.

Problem is Stevenson will probably box circles around him and tko him late.

If it turns into a brawl, it's gonna be a lotta fun.

Comment

When Dirrell and others couldn't be ready in time for the fight they got George as a new (easier) opponent.

When Stevenson then couldn't be ready in time for the fight they postponed it rather than replacing him or using the extra time to find him a tougher opponent for the re-scheduled date.

Seems to me like Stevenson's promoter was determined to get him a mandatory title shot without having to face too difficult a challenge along the way and the IBF were fine with that.
        Last edited by Clegg; 10-12-2012, 10:38 AM.

Comment

I kinda feel the way you do, Clegg. No disrespect to George, but I think Stevenson takes him out with an early KO. Maybe he'll prove me wrong tonight.

Comment

I don't believe Stevenson is that good. I think George is going to hurt him and get the W, but we'll see.

Comment

From Montreal ...

I believe Stevenson will win tonight ... But at the same time I don't think he was tested that much and unfortunatly I think he will hit a wall (eventually) just like Bute did with Froch when he will face either Froch or even Ward...

( That said I also think that Bute is a much better fighter then what we've seen against Froch and he could addapt himslef if he gets the rematch )

Comment

It's an interesting matchup, if Stevenson wins he definitely goes up in value and could potentially fight for a belt in 2013. Let’s hope it doesn’t all become smoke when he starts fighting guys in the top 5.

This thing is ending in less than 5.

Comment

why isn't edwin rodriguez fighting stevenson? why are both getting easy fights rather than fighting each other? cool you both beat don george want a cookie?

stevenson by this

Comment

hopefully george can pull off the upset tonight. if not, hope it's an entertaining fight. let's go george!!

Comment

Working...
                    X