No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brandon Rios-Yuriorkis Gamboa Confirmed For April 14

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by damit305 View Post
    Salas is a great guy, underrated trainer in my opinion. While with Gamboa, he offered Yuri 'readiness' from not a only a physical standpoint but mental. It's a shame he isn't training Gamboa anymore, but I also have much respect for Gamboa in deciding to go with E. Steward (Ohner's decision) which I hope will help elevate his career.
    It often happens that way; the fighter's promoter/manager will want to "upgrade" trainers. Ismael is obviously a good coach. Having a guy like Gamboa (and others) under his belt can only bring more quality boxers his way. I certainly wish both fighter and trainer all the best going forward!

Comment

• Good fight!! But if I was a Rios fan I'd be worried about his ability to make 135 now, IMO he really needs to move up. Gamboa by decision in a great fight!

Comment

• Originally posted by ManOfVictory View Post
        Rios weight might be a factor, Gamboa cand box him to a UD if Brandon comes in as a walking dead. But i still think that Rios will walk through Gamboas punches, stalk him and stop him by the 8th rd. Any bets? PM me.
        my 120 to your 120 million or let me know much you want to put up

Comment

• People gotta remember, that this fight is 2 weightclass' above Gamboas normal weightclass. Brandon RIos is HUGE for at LW also. I hope Gamboa can pull it off though.

Comment

• As A Fan I'm Happy This Fight Was Made Simply Because I Believe Gamboa Is More Than Talented Enough To Be The Smaller Guy And Keep It Competitive. Rios Shell Defense Will Not Stop Gamboa From Putting Together Combinations But If Rios Can Handle It For A Few Rounds While Pressuring And Returning Fire Then I Have Him Winning By UD Or Late KO But Neither's Stock Would Drop In My Eyes...Rios Just Wants Exciting Fights And His Body Wouldn't Allow For Him To Wait For Gamboa To Gradually Move Up. Gamboa Gets Respect For Even Considering The Challenge. Hopefully This Is A Sign Of Things To Come For The Year In Terms Of Fighters Seeking Good Fights For The Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
              the rios hype stops here. gamboa will beat him down and embarrass him.

This is exactly what's going to happen. It will be funny after the first 2 or 3 rounds as people realise Rios probably won't even win a single round.

Comment

• No way!!!!! Props to all the people involve in making this fight, this is a fight fans dream fight, I wish I can be there...oh!!!

Comment

• YES!!!!

forgive me for going overboard but....

Sometimes boxing fans have to wait a couple of years until the new generation takes shape and starts to rear their head....only THEN do we start to get those sick matchups that we can look back on and point to as the hallmarks of different and upcoming eras. I definitely feel this is one of them....hallmark fight for both of them, style and flare of both guys will be there, and it gives us an idea of who will be taking that next step WAY up to solidifying true stardom (as far us hardcore fans are concerned) ...nothing manufactured in this one.

Gamboa's boxing talent and athleticism is off the charts, even with the weight advantage this would be a great win for Rios...I'm not sure why people think it's not a big deal if he wins.......I don't know if he will ever face a guy this fast of hand and foot again (at least not for a while).... we will learn a lot about what kind of pressure fighter he is. Just a plodder with good power? Or someone with the extra skills that sometimes go overlooked...not having to reset when turned, cutting off the ring, parrying shots, slipping to get inside on MUCH faster guys. Is he a pressure fighter like Margarito....or someone with the extra subtle skills like Castillo? If he does it, I think we are looking at an elite level guy because I will be impressed if he is able to catch Gamboa enough to seriously put a hurting on him - speed is a much bigger factor than weight in this fight IMO.

If Gamboa can jump up in weight and fight a beast like Rios without any preparation at the weight, then I think we are also looking at an elite level guy as well....he will have to put all the talent we see together on one night and we will really might see another dimension to this dude.

Gamboa seems dead serious when he says he wants Manny and Rios is someone he thinks he needs to go through to get there.

Comment

• This is a dead toss-up fight for me. I honestly love (no ****) both fighters. My brain is telling me to pick Bam Bam but my gut is telling me to pick Gamboa's Nelly looking ass

Comment

• Boxing needs Fights like that!!!!!!!!!!! Yes!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X