Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom.
    I have a feeling it will never happen.

I wonder who Povetkin will fight next?
    The 'regular' champ ought to fight the 'super' champ, right? How ridiculous is it with these belts. For how long can Povetkin milk his paper title.

Comment

I'm hoping if HBO turns it down, NBC will televise it.
      If they want some good fights they need to start jumping on them. Boxing can't be reliant on HBO forever. Jennings is practically an NBC fighter right now and Wlad isn't connected to HBO either. It'd be perfect.

Comment

An OK match-up.

Could be worse...

Comment

That is a terrible fight, Jennings is very green maybe in a couple years he could be something but with his naive approach Wlad would wreck him completely~ which defeats the purpose of fighting a guy like Jennings because you want those guys to go on an do big things but a ruined fighter has no chance of doing big things.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan Dempsey
            If he cared about his long term career he would turn the fight down and have at least three more fights before fighting Wladimir next year. These promoters and managers are so desperate for an american heavyweight champion that they throw them in with killers and then get surprised when they get completely knocked out.

If Glazkov wins his fight against Scott then Jennings should fight him followed by the winner of the Arreola/Stiverne fight and if Jennings beats him cleanly he should move up to fight Price or Fury. If he then knocks one of them out or shows that he can handle bigger and much more skilled fighters then he might be ready for Wladimir exactly a year from now. You really can't blame Wladimir for entertaining a fight with Jennings because he knows it's going to be another easy payday, there is nobody in the division that is a threat to him so he is just taking these fights with no worries.

I would recommend that Jennings takes his time to build and work on his skillset. As of right now he is at the same place Mitchell was before he fought Banks but the difference is Wladimir can can give you pretty good brain damage with his right.
            Bryant Jennings is very ambitious. I remember him telling me over a year ago how bad he wanted that fight even back then. This kid is a great boxer, I really hope he runs with this opportunity if he gets it.

Comment

It's alright for a stay busy fight.

I really want Pulev, Price/Fury or Povetkin this year. Preferably 2 of those.

Comment

Way too soon for Jennings. He's still learning the sport.

Comment

No matter who Wlad fights, some people will complain about it.

Muhammed Ali fought 6-0-1 Spinks
                  Floyd Patterson fought Pete Rademacher in his first pro fight
                  Larry Holmes fought Ossie Ocasio, David Bey, James Smith, and Tim Witherspoon all of whom who had fewer fights than Bryant Jennings.

I think it's better for Wlad to fight a physically fit opponent like Jennings rather than a fatty like Solis.

Jennings won't be ruined, he'll become a better fighter afterwards. It those guys who fight nothing but tomato cans who are ruined after awhile.
                  Jennings will be ruined if he fights Wlad mark my words, Jennings has talent but has no clue how to utilize it properly getting wrecked by Wlad would only cloud the realization of that talent.

As for the first line don't be so weak minded, you shouldn't be influenced by people like that.

Comment

I have no doubt that he is a great person and hungry but as a fighter you have to realize what daydreams you have in your brain usually doesn't go accordingly in real life. I am sure that he will be holding belts eventually but I want him to take his time learning the game instead of rushing into a title match where you are facing a master boxer with gigantic power. Wladimir punches extremely hard and I wouldn't want Jennings to get hurt, he fights completely wide open. Like what I wrote before, it's the desperation to get another american heavyweight champion so the promoters and managers cross their fingers and throw their fighters to the wolves without caring for their safety.
                    My point was more that it's not his handlers doing it, he has been craving this opportunity for some time. Last I checked, he was still working in N Philly as a mechanic, and to me, that hunger is an attribute that can only help him. That said, I agree that he's too green/small and needs a strength and conditioning coach, as well a couple fights against bigger men.

Comment

If he cared about his long term career he would turn the fight down and have at least three more fights before fighting Wladimir next year. These promoters and managers are so desperate for an american heavyweight champion that they throw them in with killers and then get surprised when they get completely knocked out.

If Glazkov wins his fight against Scott then Jennings should fight him followed by the winner of the Arreola/Stiverne fight and if Jennings beats him cleanly he should move up to fight Price or Fury. If he then knocks one of them out or shows that he can handle bigger and much more skilled fighters then he might be ready for Wladimir exactly a year from now. You really can't blame Wladimir for entertaining a fight with Jennings because he knows it's going to be another easy payday, there is nobody in the division that is a threat to him so he is just taking these fights with no worries.

I would recommend that Jennings takes his time to build and work on his skillset. As of right now he is at the same place Mitchell was before he fought Banks but the difference is Wladimir can can give you pretty good brain damage with his right.
                      I would put him more in the same place as Wilder although maybe a bit ahead, he has talent but has a lot of work to do. He is 28 now doesn't turn 29 until September so I would say when he is approaching 30 is when he should really try to step up and if he is able he can still have a nice long run.

I would have no problem with Wlad doing whatever really, because he has nothing obvious to take care of but still I would like to see him take on a more finished product.

Comment

Working...
                      X