Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why's it only me that knows that Cotto is done at elite level?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who are these elites that you say Cotto can't compete with beside Pac and mayweather at 147 or 154??( not including martinez he is MW champ and has had his last 3 fights there)

Comment

Umm, I'd love to know how a couple of supposed grown-ups crying (illustration, ) over another grown-up's opinion of Cotto, and of who might beat him, constitutes ownage and embarrassment. It takes a little more than saying, "You're wrong 'cause I love Cotto and Pawel Wolak can't beat Cotto 'cause you're wrong and Cotto would SPARK HIM OUT 'cause I love him and you're a ******!" to own or embarrass someone - unless one is trying to own or embarrass oneself,

Get a grip, munchkins.

Comment

Originally posted by STONES! View Post
        Degraded Margarito (dented Cotto up and had him tiring in the 9th). Wayyyy degraded Mayorga (dented Cotto up). Foreman who was never as good as some cracked him up to be in the first place and finished the fight on one leg.

If you think Cotto still has enough left to not get stomped by the real prime, live, top guys around his weight, that's cool. But you'd better be reasoning on something other than the evidence of his last three fights.

There are a few guys in The Ring's top JMW's that I don't really rate. But again, I'd see REAL guys like Kirkland, Wolak, Angulo flattening Cotto and the likes of Dzinziruk, Lara, Rodriguez all beating him soundly.

Seriously.... No seriously... Delvin Rodriguez fucks Cotto up?
        Last edited by deliveryman; 12-25-2011, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
          Seriously.... No seriously... Devlin Rodriguez fucks Cotto up?
          Rodriguez would soundly outbox and outfight this Cotto. You'll see how unsuited Cotto's present fragile state is to 154 if he ever steps in with a legit, quality 154 campaigner (which Rodriguez has proven he now is, by beating a more legit and proven quality 154 campaigner in Wolak than Cotto's ever beaten, since the Zionist fraud doesn't count). In the unlikely event he meets one of the guys I mentioned, I'll be back to bump this thread after the inevitable takes place. 'Til then, here's the truth, suck it up.

Comment

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
            Yeah, i think he needs to stay away from Pac and Floyd...i don't think he's quite shot, but he's past prime, and this Cotto fan thinks he's not elite.

He can't beat an elite now. Too many wars and his face gets damaged to easy. But he did have a dam good run in his day, and I'm proud of him.
            How the hell do you know if he can or cannot beat an 'Elite' fighter now? Cotto himself is Elite. What evidence are you going off of? Please don't mention Mayorga cause Cotto damn near won every round in that fight and ended up KO'n that dude. Just because he didn't finish him off earlier doesn't mean shlt. It took Shane till the very last seconds of the 12th round to finish Mayorga.
            In Cotto's last 3 fights he's boxed 31 rounds and only lost what 6 rounds total? To say he's been unimpressive is absurd.
            Cotto's big mistake was fighting Manny at 145 because he has to bust his a$$ just to make 147 and to make 145 is even a bigger task. Clearly the dude wasn't 100% for the fight. To say Cotto doesn't have a chance to win at 150+ is just plan stupid. Don't be shocked if they force Cotto to fight at 148 or 149 catch, looking for an advantage. There's no way in hell Roach let's Manny fight Cotto at 154 period.

Comment

Originally posted by STONES! View Post
              Degraded Margarito (dented Cotto up and had him tiring in the 9th). Wayyyy degraded Mayorga (dented Cotto up). Foreman who was never as good as some cracked him up to be in the first place and finished the fight on one leg.

If you think Cotto still has enough left to not get stomped by the real prime, live, top guys around his weight, that's cool. But you'd better be reasoning on something other than the evidence of his last three fights.

There are a few guys in The Ring's top JMW's that I don't really rate. But again, I'd see REAL guys like Kirkland, Wolak, Angulo flattening Cotto and the likes of Dzinziruk, Lara, Rodriguez all beating him soundly.
              I can't take posts like this seriously. Cotto tiring in the 9th when the 9th was one of the best rounds? Soft chin Kirkland? Wolak who even himself said is not ready to fight Cotto? Angulo who hasn't even beatin a top contender in his life can all flattening Cotto? And those other 3 guys you mentioned.. please, just please stop.

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
                Seriously.... No seriously... Delvin Rodriguez fucks Cotto up?
                thank you, finally someone mentions delvin rodriguez lol.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  The other big assumption is that Mayweather wants to fight Pacquiao.

I hope Pac fights Bradley, a Cotto rematch is pointless.

I disagree, Cotto could and would likely do better in a rematch, like any smart fighter once you have fought a guy you know his strengths and weaknesses, what worked and what didnt.

Several other factors contributed to that loss:

Cotto made a big mistake against Pac in thinking he could carelessly brawl with Pac and eventually break him down. That strategy cost him the fight so if he can adjust and have a better gameplan he has a real good shot I believe.

Cotto also was having problems with his right shoulder and not throwing the right well at all. Im actually pretty impressed with the improvement Steward and Diaz have been able to get out of his right hand. He'll need that to beat Pac.

Another big factor is the weight. At the full 147 he has a better shot and at the full 154 or even a catch weight he has an even better chance.

The last two factors were confidence and actually having a real trainer.

Confidence - with his confidence back now that is huge for any fighter and Pac has shown a little bit of a ***** in the armor.

Lastly not training yourself for the biggest fight of your career is typically a good idea. Cotto really screwed the pooch in their first fight I expect a much better result.

Comment

Originally posted by Dedication View Post
                    Cotto can't compete with any of the top boxers around.

He beat a super shot Margarito less convincingly than Mosley and Pacquaio. Struggled to beat Mayorga and Foreman. The dude is done. No longer elite, and will get run over by Pac again.
                    Same can be said of cheato margarito. The dude got EXPOSED as a cheater! No longer elite after the 3 beatings hes recieved since getting caught!! And will get run over by PAC, SSM, and COTTO again!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                      If you think he struggled to beat Foreman and Mayorga you should probably watch those fights again, and maybe have your guide dog do a better job of describing the action for you.
                      <-----

Comment

Working...
                      X