No announcement yet.

Floyd's timing will be the defining factor in the Pac-May fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
    On the flip side, I think Pac's unpredictable style is going to be trouble for floyd's defense. Floyd is good at picking off shots, but what happens when pac throws a flurry, then takes a step back as if he's done then steps right back in & throws another flurry? Pac's offense is very tricky to figure out you just never really know what he's going to do and without a doubt Floyd is going to get hit, more so then we've seen in a long, long time.

That's why I love this match up - Floyd has never fought anyone like Pac before in his career nor has Pac fought anyone like Floyd. It's not an easy one to pick.
    Well apparently, some say Pac already fought someone like Floyd and did not do well twice. Come to think of it, if that is the case then Pac has the advantage going to the fight because he already fought someone like Floyd, but Floyd has not fought yet someone like Pacquiao. And in those two fights were Pacquiao has fought "someone" like Floyd, he arguably won one and some say could've also won the other.

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
      Manny get hit to easily LOL....Manny is going to get hit and he's going to hit his face back, raise his hands and tell Floyd to bring it on.
      Sure, and that leaves chances to counter for Floyd. Floyd will intelligently walk him down if he raises his hands.

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
      clottey is a bad example since Pac's whole strategy was to throw over 100 punchers per round. Of course you're going to get hit if you're throwing that many punches standing in front of a guy.

Pac's style will obviously be totally different against a slick fighter like floyd.
      Pac is still going to have to throw a lot of punches to beat Floyd. You're not going to out-Mayweather Mayweather. If slow Clottey with ok timing was able to hit manny then someone like Floyd will still be able to tag a more defense oriented manny.

Manny kept getting hit by the SAME punches from Clottey in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
        Just for ****s and giggles

Floyd's timing is light years ahead of Manny's. Manny's timing isn't that bad but Floyd, oh man, manny won't see whats coming, look at ricky hatton, he never saw what was coming and a simmilar thing may happen to Manny.

I expect manny to throw a lot in this fight, and 99% of it will be blocked and slipped, meanwhile floyd will land pinpoint counters, making Mannys head rock back and forth like he is rocking to an imaginary beat that only he can hear.

eventually manny will fall flat on the canvas, and freddie roach will look on in shock, and not a single world will be uttered from his open pie-hole

yes i nicked that bit of bn24, the ****test site ever
        YEAH, this could be true BUT is uncertain when will it happens? ask Floyd when is he coming back to fight and whoop Pac? after a year? or 2? only he knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
          Just for ****s and giggles

Floyd's timing is light years ahead of Manny's. Manny's timing isn't that bad but Floyd, oh man, manny won't see whats coming, look at ricky hatton, he never saw what was coming and a simmilar thing may happen to Manny.

I expect manny to throw a lot in this fight, and 99% of it will be blocked and slipped, meanwhile floyd will land pinpoint counters, making Mannys head rock back and forth like he is rocking to an imaginary beat that only he can hear.

eventually manny will fall flat on the canvas, and freddie roach will look on in shock, and not a single world will be uttered from his open pie-hole

yes i nicked that bit of bn24, the ****test site ever
          Agree with part of that... I'd love to see manny beat that asz but I just don't see it happening because of floyd's combination of speed n timing. But I also don't see Floyd blocking n slipping 99% of MP's throws either because of mannys speed and footwork.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            No it's not.

It's Pacquiao's speed.

If the speed is too much, you can't time it. So, If Pacquiao's speed overwhelms Mayweather, he can't time anything.
            yeah mayweather is notoriously slow :/

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
              Manny gets hit too easily. Even if Floyd is slower it's not like he's RIDICULOUSLY slower. Come on Clottey was able to land.
              HUGE CO-SIGN....Did u see manny's face after clottey only landed like 100 punches..... Even when mosley caught floyd He clinched and before he even cleared the cobb webbs he was throwing back and then got caught again and settled himself then started going to mosleys body. Floyds determination is def underestimated and when he kicks it up to his 2nd and 3rd gear lets see what manny can do

Comment

Originally posted by Dulcis_Scientia View Post
                Well apparently, some say Pac already fought someone like Floyd and did not do well twice. Come to think of it, if that is the case then Pac has the advantage going to the fight because he already fought someone like Floyd, but Floyd has not fought yet someone like Pacquiao. And in those two fights were Pacquiao has fought "someone" like Floyd, he arguably won one and some say could've also won the other.
                JMM is like Floyd?lol according to who? Just because they're both counter punchers means they fight alike?

Comment

Working...
                X