No announcement yet.

Boxing a racist sport???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TR vs. GB View Post
    boxing can be very racist lmao at the end white people dont got a fighter to get behind

The world is racist, it's instinctive humanistic behavior. Racial comments are only an attempt to provide self-worth at the expense of demeaning or belittling another person based on physical attributes.

When you think of if like that, it seems kind of pointless...expected, yes but pointless none the less. Says more about the person saying the comment than the person they are saying the comment about really.

Comment

i dont think its racist
      more of a national pride thing

in fact i see boxing as the ultimate test of will and the one and only sport that proves not one race is superior to the next

we have p4p best from every race
      black ward,floyd,
      white klitchsko,froch,
      asian pacquiao,donair
      hispanic maruqez ,martinez

fighters dont see eachother as a specific race they respect eachother as fighters

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
        boxing can not be racist...for 2 MEN to lace'em up and throw hands doesn't require anything but heart...where you come from has no say!!...but if you put this great sport in the hands of racist ppl and allow them to dictate policy...the result is what we have now!!...a bunch of clowns not knowing their just part of the circus they've been manipulated to take part in...boxing itself is a race...I rep the Philly tribe all day....fuk what everybody else does...I do me!!...let a white dude from Philly come up and rock out...watch me rep for him...its nothing!!
        exaclty !

if i could give u more green k i would

will u be at rosado GGG sat ?

Comment

As far as I know Manny Pacquiao has a lot of White fans.

I noticed a lot of White Americans and rednecks like Manny Pacquiao, but a lot of White European Americans hate him.

Comment

Big difference between nationalism and racism. Nationalism is commendable IMO. Racism usually involves the person's own insecurity.

Comment

I don't believe it is, in fact, boxing is one of the most ethnically diverse sports in the world. Of course people have their opinions about other races and will always mention them but that is OK. What everyone needs to understand about boxing (especially in America) is that it is a sport that is mostly turned to by the low income/low education demographic. It served/serves as a way out of poverty and enables people who would otherwise have limited options in life to be successful. First it was the English & Irish who came over here and turned to it, then it was the Italians and Jews, then it was the Hispanics and Blacks. As each generation becomes more successful and they move up to middle class and into the suburbs, they get into boxing less. It happened with the English, Irish, Italians, Jews and is now happening with Blacks. Blacks have come a long way and are achieving success and they are going less into boxing and if they go into sports, it is into other non combat sports like Football and Basketball. Success also comes from sheer numbers, there are 20 times more Mexicans in boxing than other ethnic groups so of course they would be more successful. Actually now more and more Eastern Europeans, Russians and Asians are becoming more successful in boxing, so it seems the demographic tide is turning somewhat again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                boxing can not be racist...for 2 MEN to lace'em up and throw hands doesn't require anything but heart...where you come from has no say!!...but if you put this great sport in the hands of racist ppl and allow them to dictate policy...the result is what we have now!!...a bunch of clowns not knowing their just part of the circus they've been manipulated to take part in...boxing itself is a race...I rep the Philly tribe all day....fuk what everybody else does...I do me!!...let a white dude from Philly come up and rock out...watch me rep for him...its nothing!!
                You do know that just national pride at a smaller scale right?

Comment

All the white American fighters are in MMA!

Comment

Originally posted by blast beats View Post
                    A lot of white British hate Pacquiao, I wonder if a lot of them hate Asians or something?

They love Floyd Mayweather though even though he was very disrespectful and rude to Hatton, but hate Pacquiao for being humble and gracious.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                      A lot of white British hate Pacquiao, I wonder if a lot of them hate Asians or something?

They love Floyd Mayweather though even though he was very disrespectful and rude to Hatton, but hate Pacquiao for being humble and gracious.
                      What do you base that on?

Comment

Working...
                      X