No announcement yet.

Who Wins: Mike Tyson vs. Joe Frazier

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Frazier hits the canvas a couple times early, and finishes the fight brutalizing Tyson, winning a close decision.
    I think if Frazier get's hurt, he get's stopped. And I think Frazier getting hurt by Tyson is inevitable.

But, if Fraizer survives, he wins.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      I think if Frazier get's hurt, he get's stopped. And I think Frazier getting hurt by Tyson is inevitable.

I'm not going to argue, that's extremely likely, but I'm biased here. Frazier is one of my all time favorites, and I never liked Tyson, so I refuse to believe Joe gets taken out early.

So screw Tyson. Frazier whoops his ass! Early KO victory for Smoking Joe.

Comment

If there was a trilogy, Joe and Tyson would win 1 fight each of the first 2 fights, i'm not sure about the 3rd fight.

Comment

I'm not going to argue, that's extremely likely, but I'm biased here. Frazier is one of my all time favorites, and I never liked Tyson, so I refuse to believe Joe gets taken out early.

So screw Tyson. Frazier whoops his ass! Early KO victory for Smoking Joe.
          I like both fighters. Frazier was my favourite of my first real HW era, I was too young to really know what was going on when Liston was on top.

And Tyson was my favourite HW after that and possibly my favourite HW ever.

I think it's a battle of halves, if Tyson's going to win, it's going to be early-mid of the fight. And I have no doubts that Tyson has the tools to stop Frazier in that time peroid. On the flipside, if Frazier can survive, and whilst I find that unlikely, a guy with a heart like Frazier's, could survive, then I don't see Frazier losing if it goes into the late rounds. Especially in a 15 Round fight.

One thing's certain, it would be a great fight with lot's of action and excitement.

Comment

Frazier hits the canvas a couple times early, and finishes the fight brutalizing Tyson, winning a close decision.

I'm with Dan on this one. If Frazier goes "down" versus Tyson, it's over. That would mean he took a massive shot, and probably couldn't recover. But if Joe manages to make it past the first 4-6 rounds, it could very well be his fight.

Comment

I like both fighters. Frazier was my favourite of my first real HW era, I was too young to really know what was going on when Liston was on top.

And Tyson was my favourite HW after that and possibly my favourite HW ever.

I think it's a battle of halves, if Tyson's going to win, it's going to be early-mid of the fight. And I have no doubts that Tyson has the tools to stop Frazier in that time peroid. On the flipside, if Frazier can survive, and whilst I find that unlikely, a guy with a heart like Frazier's, could survive, then I don't see Frazier losing if it goes into the late rounds. Especially in a 15 Round fight.

One thing's certain, it would be a great fight with lot's of action and excitement.
              Same here. I remember watching "Smokin'" Joe on the old "Wonderama" and becoming an instant fan. I tried finding that segment, but I could only come up with this fun clip from a later episode:

Comment

This one of the best comparison fights I can possibly imagine (Foreman v. Mayweather is a good one too). Frazier was great. But, I have to go with Tyson on this, and I am not a Tyson fan. Ali takes out Tyson, but not many others in his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
                  both fighters pretty much had similar styles and similar physiques
                  No, not at all.

Tyson was built like a bodybuilder and cut like a madman. Frazier even at his peak had a bit of fat on him, very undertrained arms and legs in comparison.

Frazier looked to wear you down and had no problem winning a decision. He rarely tired and pressured for all 3 minutes of a round, one punch at a time. The longer he survived, the worse your chance.

Tyson threw combinations looking to do more damage rather than keep it up. He was a considerably harder puncher but stamina-wise, had nothing on Joe. His strategy was to take you out. Not wear you down, he looked to get you out as fast as he could. The longer you survived, the better your chance.

frazier had one heck of an iron chin, foreman had to knock him down 6 times before he was counted out but tyson in his prime had the best combination of speed and power, his work rate was phenomenal.
                  Frazier was not counted out, the ref stopped him on his feet. Even then he still looked able to fight on, but at that stage the ref had understandably seen enough.

however, frazier had superior mental composition than tyson and unlike many of tyson's opponents, will not wilt under pressure. i believe frazier wins this via ko in the late rounds.

your thoughts?
                  Good question.

Tyson is a more concussive puncher than Foreman (not necessarily more powerful) but with that sort of power he could conceivably spark anyone in history.

That's his chance. He is a mid-range fighter and he was not as physical. Every time Frazier gets inside, he's going to stay inside a little longer than he did last time. If he gets inside enough he will wear Tyson down and possibly KO him late.

Frazier tears him up inside, the problem is how much Frazier has to go through to get there. Or how Mike gets him away again. He isn't as strong as Foreman, who was the only man to regularly back Frazier up. Nor is he as physical as he was. Frazier may even start to back Tyson up.

But up until the mid rounds, Frazier is in danger of being KO'ed.

60/40 to Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
                    You haven't added a single thing to this thread, aside from trash talking people.

You call everyone else an idiot, but you're looking like a complete fool your damn self. Your "2 cents" in this thread, isn't even worth that...
                    No, just the thread starter, not "everyone else." But you can include yourself in the same realm of idiocy as your friend. A few more cheerleaders, and he'll have himself an entire squad.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
                      And you are a cheerleader for this Pacquiao fanboy. The only thing worse than being FightingPride, or anybody as stupid as him, is being his cheerleader. Congratulations, you've outdone yourself.

Somebody has to. These idiots run around on this site as they have for years and pretend to be boxing fans when in reality they do not follow the sport, and have only seen Pacquiao fights from 08 to now, and highlight reels from earlier in his career. They can talk about Floyd and Manny all day for all I car, which is what they do, but for them to talk about legendary fighters and ATG's like Tyson, Frazier, Ali, etc. is a disgrace to those fighters and the sport. If Pacquiao fans weren't so stupid I wouldn't need to, but what he said was idiotic and I just called him on it.

Comment

Working...
                      X