Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did The Steroid Scandal Lower Shane Mosley's Legacy And How He Will Be Remembered?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did The Steroid Scandal Lower Shane Mosley's Legacy And How He Will Be Remembered?

How much of a impact do you feel the steroid scandal has on Shane Mosley's legacy and ATG rankings in lists?

Discuss!

In my opinion, it doesn't lower his legacy that much. DLH was robbed, in their second fight, anyways, so I consider that a loss for Mosley. He also lost to Wright twice, afterwards.

Some people will probably question the legitimacy of his other wins, though.

Comment

In my opinion, it doesn't lower his legacy that much. DLH was robbed, in their second fight, anyways, so I consider that a loss for Mosley. He also lost to Wright twice, afterwards.

Some people will probably question the legitimacy of his other wins, though.

Comment

it's in Shane's past and he's redeemed himself
        nobody gives a fuck about the roid thing
        oh, except the Floydstans of course
        and they didn't care about it until last summer either
        Shane is still an ATG fighter
        he has enough names on his resume and titles to his credit
        he'll be seen as great when he's retired
        people actually praise him more than bash him for the Wright and Forrest losses

Comment

Didn't look like the juice did Mosley any good. Helped him unnaturally get to 154, only problem was once he got there he fought ATGs in the division who were still prime, not faded forces. Thus he lost or should have lost his 3 most important fights.

So, I'd say the roids do hurt his legacy, but not because he used them, simply because they made him take fights he wouldn't have taken otherwise, adding unneeded losses to his record.

Comment

Originally posted by Obama View Post
            Didn't look like the juice did Mosley any good. Helped him unnaturally get to 154, only problem was once he got there he fought ATGs in the division who were still prime, not faded forces. Thus he lost or should have lost his 3 most important fights.

So, I'd say the roids do hurt his legacy, but not because he used them, simply because they made him take fights he wouldn't have taken otherwise, adding unneeded losses to his record.
            I suspect the taint of being labled a user will harm his legacy regardless of whether he got any real benefit from them or not. In these things perception in the eyes of the fans tends to overrule reality unfortunately.

Poet

Comment

Luckily for Mosley he took a lie detector test and passed when questioned on his knowledge of the illegal drugs. Now he definitely knew he was on something, people just don't get big like that not taking anything...but there are legal ways to do it, and I reckon he just didn't ask any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Obama View Post
                Luckily for Mosley he took a lie detector test and passed when questioned on his knowledge of the illegal drugs. Now he definitely knew he was on something, people just don't get big like that not taking anything...but there are legal ways to do it, and I reckon he just didn't ask any questions.
                But will that matter in the eyes of the fans? You and I can make the distinction on an intellectual level but your typical fan sees things more from emotion than from reason.

Poet

Comment

I think the steroid use isn’t the main problem I have with Mosley as I think what Obama posted is fairly on spot about the steroids. I think his admitted use of EPO is what really hurts his legacy. In 2008 he admitted to injecting EPO and to knowing what it was and it’s effects. He admitted to using it in his rematch against Oscar De La Hoya. EPO is a hormone that promotes red blood cell growth and can give it’s user a large boost in endurance, something that Shane Mosley used to great effect in winning the later rounds against Oscar in 2003. I think the EPO use greatly tarnishes his standing amongst his peers.

Comment

Obama smoked pot and became the president of America.

where have you been living, in a cave?

Comment

Working...
                    X