Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If old Vitali beat Haye in 2013 would the Klitschko haters give him credit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If old Vitali beat Haye in 2013 would the Klitschko haters give him credit?

People who don't like the Klitschkos are demanding old age 41 Vitali fight David Haye.

Vitali is clearly past his prime, he's looked faded in his past two fights.

I think age 38 Vitali would have beaten Haye easily if they had fought when they had the agreement to fight in September 2009 (HBO agreed to televise it) but Haye backed out and fought Valuev.

But Vitali isn't as good now as he was then. The years have caught up with him.

Still, I think even the current faded version of Vitali has a 50-50 chance of beating David Haye.

If Vitali fought Haye in 2013 and defeated him, would the Klitschko haters give Vitali credit?
    No, no matter what he does they will always hate him
    48.39%
    Yes, they'll then be fair and give the old man the respect he deserves
    38.71%
    I'm not sure
    12.90%

The poll is expired.

If he KO'd him I think they would.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      If he KO'd him I think they would.
      I think the fight would end in a stoppage, either one way or the other.

Vitali has an excellent chin, but punch resistance usually tends to decline as a fighter ages. Power however is often the last thing to go.

Comment

Depends on where you rank Haye. Some people say he's a nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          I think the fight would end in a stoppage, either one way or the other.

Vitali has an excellent chin, but punch resistance usually tends to decline as a fighter ages. Power however is often the last thing to go.
          After watching VK gas (to a degree) against Chisora late I think Haye would be aiming to take Vitali into the later rounds before making his move.

The fight could end earlier however if Vitali fights more aggressively than Wladimir.

Comment

I hope they do, cause he should get credit..

but I don't think this fight will happen, I'm a huge fan of both Klitschkos but I hate to admit it, Vitali doesnt really seem to want to fight Haye anymore.. I don't blame him too much though, he is getting old. Would have loved to see it though, 50-50 fight for me at this poing, Haye looked great against Chisora.

Comment

So Freedom; since you think Haye is a nobody with a worse resume than Larry Donald, you obviously believe Klitschko should get minimal credit for beating him, right?

Comment

I'm not a Haye or a Klitschko fan but I'll give him full credit if he beats Haye

Comment

No matter the lack of opposition these last few years, Vitali is a Legit Heavyweight for this era.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    Depends on where you rank Haye. Some people say he's a nobody.
                    He is.

But many of the Klitschko haters regard him as a somebody, don't they?

I'd only count Haye as a somewhat meaningful win for Vitali because he's age 41 and has clearly faded.

If age 38 Vitali had fought and defeated Haye in September 2009, when Haye agreed to fight him, it would have been a meaningless win over a nobody.

Comment

Working...
                    X