Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone ought to just drop a bomb on NSB, shouldn't they?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
    The thing, I actually like both Maiiiii AND Ping Ping. But you get to thread 155,259,558,858,535,548 about them, and it gets old. Similarly, there's no UK boxer I rate highly right now (other than ATG HW Danny Williams, natch) but they get such a bad time in there it makes me feel sorry for the poor ****ers. It even makes me feel sorry for Hatton, and I can't stand the rough ****. (Similarly, I've yet to watch a fight of that Mayweather clone, can't remember his name, I'm pissed on Jack Daniels, but I want the **** to lose just for the laughs. Broner, innit?)

Right now I'm reading that Wlad is exciting and has a chin like Chuvalo, which is stupid. And then I'm reading he's utter ****, which is also pretty stupid. It's all ****. People say to me "Annie, why do you troll so much?" And, you know, hands up, I admit, I DO. But with the state of NSB then... what choice do I have?
    Im totally in agreement.

Comment

Is nerve gas an option?

Comment

You mean how like the English bombed Pearl Harbor and framed the Japanese for it?

Sure why not...

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
          It does get rediculous really fast in NSB, I haven't posted much in there in the years that I have been here. Not because I don't have an opinion but rather because I don't care to be involved in a debate with somebody who has some sort of agenda to fulfill based on little or no knowledge at all.
          I think the bolded holds true for a lot of us, it certainly does with me.

Ironically enough, often times the 'debate' (if you could even label it that) that a NSB poster wants to have with you has nothing at all to do with your actual post.

Here's an example I'm sure many of you will nod your head in agreement with.

You go into NSB after a fight, and click on one of the 239 active threads discussing it. Once in the thread you post your thoughts on what went down.

Example :

"I was really impressed by (insert fighter here)'s performance. After what I saw tonight, I'm inclined to believe he will defeat (insert potential future opponet here)."
          Then, less than two minutes later, some rabid **** fan of the fighter whom you think will lose that potential fight responds to your post with something that doesn't even pertain to what you wrote - Typically bringing up a boxer you happen to support or have in your avatar/sig - Saying something like....

"Oh yeah? Well (fighter in your avatar) is a ****ing p*ssy!"
          Or

"Why don't you go back to sucking (fighter in your sig)'s balls?"
          As if the guy in your avatar or sig banner has anything to do whatsoever with the topic at hand.

It literally happens all the time, and it's why I simply refuse to discuss boxing here anymore. It's okay to be a fan of a certain fighter or style, but it's something else entirely to be so rabidly supportive of that fighter or style to the point where you become incoherent and simply attack everybody with a differing viewpoint when it comes to "your guy".

I mean, all of us know each other's favorite fighters : Reed's is Roy, Anorak's is Danny Williams, Mine is Hopkins, etc... But most of us "old school" users are a lot more honest about their abilities, and much more tolerant of conflicting opinions.

(Cue sarcastic post attacking a favorite fighter of mine.)

Comment

NSB is in full ****** mode

I only reply to a handful of posters now

Comment

no ****

Comment

Wow Anorak, just when I think that I have a guy pegged as a one-dimensional slothe he pulls out something like this on me. I thought that the only way that you knew how to express yourself was with mind numbing sarcasm, guess I was mistaken.
                The thing is, Rock, I do genuinely enjoy the sport, and try and watch it technically the best I know how. I love it when I can spot the feints, when I can see someone balancing correctly, etc. More than all of that, I love the psychological aspect of the game. That "x factor" that keeps a fighter in fights he shouldn't be in. But in all my many years of posting here I've NEVER seen anyone talk about the mental aspect of the game. It's all who can "pwn" the other, or who's "ducking" who, or who has "haters". For me, the word "hater" is something you say when you're 12 years old. I gave up trying to talk about the sport seriously because... what's the point?

Comment

We all know some thing about the sport, the big thing being that we all enjoy it. Some are or have competed and some enjoy it on the television. I catch alot of **** for saying this but if you have not laced them up then there are certain things that you will never truely know about the sport. Not being a dick here, just stating the obvious.
                  See, my argument was never with that point, in principle. But only when it's taken as a blanket statement. As a rough stat, let's say 70% of people who post in NSB are complete ****ing ******s. I'm being generous. Now let's say 20% of people who post in NSB have had one bout, even if it's an am bout. If you strike that up as a venn diagram, you're gonna have some correlation there... someone who's laced em up, but is ALSO a complete ****ing ******.

Comment

One thing I did a few years back was change my location on my profile to "New York". Most people know that I'm a piss-taking Green Teef anyway, but I just sick and tired of trying to engage in NSB threads and reading "you didn't enjoy x's performance last night? I guess Hatton performed really well against Pacquaio then, right?"

And I'm thinking "I haven't MENTIONED Ricky Hatton. I don't even LIKE Ricky Hatton. At no point anywhere in his career has Hatton even come CLOSE to entering my top 100 P4P dishes. The guy is distinctly unhandsome, and I don't like it when he farts."

Comment

Continuing this rant, then one NSB converse that's really bugging me with its stupidity lately - and it tells you how bad it is, that me and Kev actually AGREED last night, a sign of armageddon, surely - is at least once a week someone will make a "could Froch ever beat Ward?" thread. And it'll be full of people saying "Hell no, no way, he wouldn't even be able to be in a close fight with Ward." So I'll point out - something that seems OBVIOUS - that, despite how the majority of us saw their fight, two judges preferred what Carl did in closeish rounds, and made it 7-5. So, theoretically, it's entirely possible for Froch to "win" a bout against Andre Ward on the cards, if it seems judges prefer his style.

Comment

Working...
                      X