No announcement yet.

floyd a big welterweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• floyd a big welterweight

has floyd ever had problems making weight in any division i ask becuz i didnt start watchign boxing till 2007

if he starts fighting continually like 2 fights year will he ever fill out and become a big welterweight

HUGE welterweight actually. He really should be fight at 60 or 68.

Comment

Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post
      HUGE welterweight actually. He really should be fighting at 60 or 68.

Comment

he's only 5'8" though

Comment

ive heard some guys on hbo call victor ortiz a big ww and to me he doesnt look big for that weight just a big back kind of llike bradleys body is what ortiz has

Comment

naw man ortiz has the body to go full fat boy torta mode

Comment

He didn't make the 144 catchweight against Juan Manuel Marquez.

Comment

just realized who this alt was.

Comment

Originally posted by transportcd View Post
                  has floyd ever had problems making weight in any division i ask becuz i didnt start watchign boxing till 2007

if he starts fighting continually like 2 fights year will he ever fill out and become a big welterweight
                  He had a problem staying at 130lbs toward the end of his reign at 130lbs. He's a small welterweight. He came back from a long lay off in the Marquez fight that's why I think he had a problem with the 144lb. weight... Kinda like when he took a layoff when he was at 130lbs and did a 134lb fight with Augustus to later go back to 130lbs. I think he could make 140lbs if he'd drain like most fighters do and his dad has said this numerous times. I don't think he'll ever be a big welterweight since he prefers to fight comfortably instead of having to drain to make weight especially since he's 35. Draining to make weight is hard on the body and will cut your boxing career a lot shorter than if you stay in shape when not fighting and fight at a comfortable weight.

Comment

Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post
                    HUGE welterweight actually. He really should be fight at 60 or 68.
                    Floyd lives at 150. he's only fought at 154 twice. Against oscar and cotto. I think 160 would nullify his power.

Comment

Working...
                    X