No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia Opens Up About Working With Ariza

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia Opens Up About Working With Ariza

While it’s pretty much a given that the Nov. 23 Manny Pacquiao-Brandon Rios pay per view showdown will create some form of excitement, there are some subplots surrounding the fight that have begun to draw headlines of their own.

The former WBA lightweight champion of the world and one of the most charismatic figures in the sport, Rios has added outspoken strength and conditioning coach Alex Ariza to his team as he prepares for the challenge of Pacquiao.

Ariza created a name for himself in boxing largely due to nearly five years of assisting Pacquiao in his training camps. During that time, the results Ariza was able to produce with Pacquiao were unquestioned yet he also had a way of creating attention because of his brazen approach to all aspects of the sport.

[Click Here To Read More]

Robert Garcia is a Boss.. Dude just tells it like it is every time..

Comment

This is a riot. Garcia says that everyone hates him and hasn't heard a single redeeming thing about him. Too funny. But as long as he doesn't F up, he'll stay on board. That's classic. And he said Brandon is telling him everyday too or he's gone. Great stuff.

Comment

He verbally destroyed Ariza, rofl.

Comment

Mikey has been taking vitamins for the past two fights and Mikey says that he feels so good with those vitamins. Brandon is now taking them. I'm taking them too.
          Hopefully these vitamins have been cleared by some athletic commission/testing organisation. I hate it when fighters spout bullshit like "I took some prescribed stuff and got tested positive for PEDs! What gives?", when all they needed to do was get it cleared beforehand - i.e. Lamont Peterson.

Comment

Originally posted by T18Z View Post
            He verbally destroyed Ariza, rofl.
            no.
            he put ariza in his proper place.

a little salty butt the best in socal and tj
            Last edited by STEELHEAD; 09-22-2013, 01:51 PM.

Comment

i wonder what salary ariza makes working partime with rios.
              i bet garcia got him cheap.

a little salty butt the best in socal and tj.
              Last edited by STEELHEAD; 09-22-2013, 01:51 PM.

Comment

I bet Ariza is seething at reading those quotes lmao.
                He is a good S&C coach, no doubt, but he gets above his station too quickly. Khan and Pacquiao looked their best under this guy so if he just does his work like Robert Garcia is asking him too, we will see if it really was Ariza that brings the X-factor.....and vitamins and shakes

Comment

A proper S&C will keep pushing the boundaries because the body no longer responds to the same techniques with the same rewards after years of repetition. What did Ariza's former boss just say "I saw what he was doing and was like, that's it? You are still doing the same shyt from 8 years ago you saw me doing". To me Ariza is great for guys who've never had an S&C but he is not really held in high esteem as one and it's not because of his antics and behavior..it's because he has very harsh limitations. Take a look at the dude Jordan has been using for 30 years...that mofo is a legit S&C coach with a plethora of techniques...ones that he implements as his athletes age...hell he's the one that got Kobe Bryant playing like he was 25 again after knee surgery.

Comment

Ya these Cali Chicanos are way too dominant out here to be letting anybody just come in like they're running things, no matter who they are. They will throw him out all sick the moment he slips.

Comment

Working...
                    X