Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it harder for white east european fighters to get respected from American fans?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2Fast View Post
    My bad I thought Canada was in America. Where is Canada located? Asia? Africa? Europe?
    Haha nice try

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Haha nice try
      You think I just found out Pascal is Canadian? There is a difference between America and USA . Get lost out of this thread while you still have some dignity left.

Comment

After the sisters are gone east euro fighters will be much more respected. I guarantee that

Comment

After the sisters are gone east euro fighters will be much more respected. I guarantee that
          No they wont. Guys that don't come to America to fight, regardless of where they're from, don't get the respect that guys that come here do. It's not fair but it is the way it is.

Sergio Martinez, Tomasz Adamek, and Manny Pacquiao were all good fighters that blew up here once they came to America to fight. Eastern European guys aren't going to be come popular or get their fights at 9am here televised by staying in Europe.

You want to the respect from American fans and boxing writers all around, you got to come over and fight in Vegas. It is what it is.

Pongsaklek Wonjongkam is p4p according to the ring, but gets no respect because he only fights in Asia.
          Last edited by paulf; 03-02-2011, 04:11 PM.

Comment

I really like Boystov and Adamek..

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
              I really like Boystov and Adamek..
              What do you think of the K bros

Comment

I think that not getting respect is a 2-way street and it also has nothing to do with race. Most people are going to feel the people from their country are the best. So whether it is a american traveling to fight in europe or some other country or those fighters coming to america for fights. Majority of the home crowd is always going to be biased when it comes to the respect given to a foreign fighter.

Comment

What do you think of the K bros

I would say neutral, not necessarily a fan but dont dislike them either. Not very exciting to me but they do fight everyone, so credit for that.

Comment

Working...
                  X