No announcement yet.

Nwahs_!!, yer opinion on Blackstone

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nwahs_!!, yer opinion on Blackstone

you're in the market. i wanted to get your (and anyone else's) feedback on the blackstone group.

from my understanding, they're ****in ruthless. they take public companies, buy em out, flip them to private investors, and make an INSANE amount of $$$ in the process. i read in Time bout a year ago that apparently this is really pissin off everyone on wallstreet. supposedly this is gonna change the way ****'s trading and that, basically, what they're doing should be illegal but they've got the 'too-new-to-make-a-law-agaist" loophole like a designer drug.

these guys traded over $370 BILLION in 2006 alone. that's some serious ****. i just read that one of the founders was in skull and bones with president bush and the other was the secretary of commerce in the 70s. the ****'s up with this company??

Just took a quick glance at them. They appear to be poorly run. Negative operational cash flow in light of an astronomical increase in revenue is a bad sign. They do seem to be taking in a **** load of cash before their operational losses. Might be a good company to follow. I bet when they get a new CEO and the improve their operating margin, they will do well.

Ill look at it deeper tommorow.

Comment

Looks like a cheap stock, will probably take off in the future, but like I said, it looks like poor management is holding them back.

Comment

This stock has done pretty poor historically, worse than it should have. Ill do more research, but at this point Id categorize this as something that you should watch closely, but not buy for a while.

I usually wont pull the trigger on a long term play unless I 100% understand their business, how they make money, how other markets effect them, and how well they are managed.

Sometimes all it takes is an article in a trade magazine to let you know that the ceo is a complete idiot. You want to run away from those companies, because even a company with a solid business plan, and good fundamentals will flounder with an idiot at the wheel.

The more I look at this, the more it looks like they have an idiot at the wheel. The company might have been brilliant before it was taken public, but It seems like the transfer of power that took place in going public negatively effected the companies management infrastructure.

The founder of the company probably got a settlement package to get out of the picture, and the company has strayed from his original ideas that were driving its success.

Its not unlike that episode of the x-files where the COS takes over the building, and the creator has to stop it after it kills the CEO.

Id wait till their next earnings report, see if they have smoothed out operations, because they are making really good money, they just seem to be blowing it all on some sort of overhead that I wont see until I analyze their balance sheets tomorrow.

Bottom line, This company shows promise. But we need to watch it learn to ride a bike before we bet on it to win the tour de france.

I have several companies that I watch. They have incredible business plan, and Idea, but horrible management puts them in the negatives every quarter. I can't wait till the day I can start buying a controlling interest in these companies, installing an efficients management team, and getting this companies turning over profits.

Comment

BX might also fall victim to a short squeeze in the next 5 days if you want this stock for the short term

Comment

Originally posted by Nwahs !! View Post
            BX might also fall victim to a short squeeze in the next 5 days if you want this stock for the short term
            Yeah I just had a quick look over their balance sheets, doesn't look to good. They seem to be losing astronomical sums of money on investments.

Comment

The broke positive for q2, then went back negative for q3 if they can get positive for q4 and q1 I think they would be poised for a takeoff.

Comment

damn! how'd you learn to analyze **** like this? someone mentor you awhile back?

Comment

Okay so this is what is going on with Blackstone.

They appear to have a significant interest in the banking sector. Unfortunately for them (good for us) they went public just when the banking industry started to get clobbered.

Their banking investments are hemorrhaging money, and preventing them from turning a profit.

I would buy this stock as soon as fed cuts interest rates enough to bail out the banking industry.

Comment

do you really think rate cuts are going to bail out the banking industry? just about everyone who qualifies for these good rates already got them a few years ago.

but what you're saying is wait til the banking industry starts to show a realistic glimmer of hope, right?

Comment

Working...
                    X