Let's point out the obvious

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He sure hits like a MW tho

Comment

If his unofficial weight is 163lb he's taking drugs to make weight.

Comment

If i guy can make weight fine on the day of the weigh in....i don't care what weight he comes in on fight night.

Matthysse didn't look drained on the weigh in, boxers like Chavez Jr look like zombies on weigh ins.

It could've been a tactical move...try to use size to over power Dallas movement.

Comment

Originally posted by commodus View Post
          wasn't a typo

David Greisman ‏@fightingwords2
          A Showtime spokesman confirms that Matthysse truly was 163.5 pounds tonight. Wow. Just wow.
          Damn.

Well, that's a huge weight gain. Basically we have a middleweight fighting a 140 pounder.

I can't lie. If I look down on Chavez Jr for blowing up in weight so much after the weigh-in I have to do the same with Matthysse.

At least Lucas fights the best fighters in his weight class though. And doesn't duck them like Jr did for so long.

Comment

Its only a problem if the fighter had to crap his brains out with the aid of illegal substances to make the weight.

Comment

He didn't look that big but at the same time i do think boxing should have the weigh in same day as the fight eliminate all this stupid ballooning crap to gain some advantage sure they're 140, for one day.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                He looked no bigger than he normally does. Either it was a mistake via typo or he weighed in on fight night in full clothing.
                +1, it doesn't make any sense.

Anyway I don't really have a significant issue with fighters coming in big, if they can make weight then them's the rules.

Comment

That means he is draining himself which seem even more remarkable because his stamina should be shet if he had to rehydrate that high.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    I'm more shocked (like I was with Gamboa) than mad. I was mad at Rios because he wasn't making weight, and I'm mad at Chavez because he clearly doesn't belong at MW, evident by the fact that he looks like Skeletor at the weigh-ins. I'm not sure what to make of Matthysse's weight yet. He hasn't seemed to deteriorate in any way. Everything about him seemed to be on-point.
                    I dont get this.

So rios did the same thing and it was bad cause he had trouble making the weight 2 times? chavez jr does the same thing and its bad cause he "looks" like skeltor at the weigh ins? but since lucas does it and looks fine then it okay, even though he does the same thing but just can do it better? lol

Comment

As long as he made weight I don't see the problem, The problem is when guys come in overweight at the weight-in; then and only then should it be a Problem!

Comment

Working...
                      X