No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lewkowicz Discusses The Campillo-Cloud Outcome, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lewkowicz Discusses The Campillo-Cloud Outcome, More

This past Saturday night, a shameful act went down in Corpus Christi, Texas.

[Click Here To Read More]

This was sad. Texas did it again. How do they expect to bring the big fights in? Campillo laid it on Cloud and Cloud still got the nod.

Comment

Originally posted by a_fuego View Post
      This was sad. Texas did it again. How do they expect to bring the big fights in? Campillo laid it on Cloud and Cloud still got the nod.
      and fighters here in the states complain about getting robbed in other countries....smdh

Comment

That was the Don King special this guy is a moron,when there is a robbery every Don King card for 30 years put two and two together.

Comment

He can prove ineptitude... He can't prove corruption.

Lewkowicz understands corruption took place; you don't score that fight for Cloud (let alone 116-110) unless corruption is involved.

Comment

Cry Baby!

People don't feel sorry for Sampson or Campillo! He is not saying the judges were crooked because that would be calling the kettle black. Sampson is just pissed that King out hustled him outside the ring. The truth of the matter is Sampson went up to a judge after the fight with a wad of cash and told him you should have told me you wanted more of this..I would have given you more. This guy is unbelievable!!

Comment

Originally posted by zimm2 View Post
              People don't feel sorry for Sampson or Campillo! He is not saying the judges were crooked because that would be calling the kettle black. Sampson is just pissed that King out hustled him outside the ring. The truth of the matter is Sampson went up to a judge after the fight with a wad of cash and told him you should have told me you wanted more of this..I would have given you more. This guy is unbelievable!!
              Thought this was a strange post, but looking through his posts, he seems to be Shumenov's biggest fan. That would explain it.

Comment

Originally posted by zimm2 View Post
                Simply put your an idiot for making dumb allegations that never occurred.
                Shumenov sucks and will lose to Campillo if they ever fought again but they probably won't because no one wants to work with your boy because he sues everyone he does business with. Talk about cry baby

Comment

Sampson made an ass of himself once again. It happened. I was there. The fact of the matter is Sampson is as dirty as they come. Maybe your "boy" should find another promoter who is better at hustling.

Comment

An email from the IBF I received...

Thank you for taking the time to express your concern about this event. Your opinion about our organization and the sport in general are very important to us.

I assure you that we are giving this matter the importance that it justifies. At this point in time, we are waiting for a complaint or formal appeal from Gabriel Campillo’s promoter. Once we receive this then we will proceed with the matter according to our rules.

It is important to clarify that we can not overturn a decision. The only entity that could do so would be Texas Combative Sports Program, which is the commission that oversees boxing in the state of Texas

Regarding the officials, we can not fine them, revoke their license or prevent them from working any other professional fight because we do not license or oversee officials. What we generally do is submit a list of officials that are members of our organization to the local commissions for consideration when selecting the officials for a fight. However, it is up to the commissions whether or not to utilize officials from our list to officiate a fight. This practice is in accordance with the Muhammad Ali Act and guidelines set forth by the Association of Boxing Commissions.

Muhammad Ali Act

§ 6307h. Judges and referees

No person may arrange, promote, organize, produce, or fight in a professional boxing match unless all referees and judges participating in the match have been certified and approved by the boxing commission responsible for regulating the match in the State where the match is held.

ABC Regulatory Guidelines

Referee Approval

The commission shall name the referee and its decision shall be final.

World Title Fight Manual (ABC)

I. OFFICIALS

A. Selection

1. The boxing commission in whose jurisdiction a title fight is to take place (“host commission”) shall select the referee and the judges to work a title fight from a list of ring officials who have successfully completed the Officials Certification Course of the Association of Boxing Commissions.

2. In selecting the ring officials for a title fight from the list referenced in ¶1, the host commission may consider selecting those ring officials:

(a) recommended by a sanctioning organization; or

(b) from the same geographic area over which the boxing commission has jurisdiction.

We hope that this matter can be resolved soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X