Collapse
No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry I forget what was Pacs exact reasoning for turning down the extra testing?

Comment

• Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
      Sorry I forget what was Pacs exact reasoning for turning down the extra testing?
      The reason being that the Nevada commission sets the guidelines for drug testing and not some paranoid egomaniac prima donna.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        The reason being that the Nevada commission sets the guidelines for drug testing and not some paranoid egomaniac prima donna.
        They set the guidelines for weight penalties too, no?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          Does that really matter though? I mean, is it really a bad thing?

Obviously Floyd isn't looking to clean up the sport like he claims.

But the actual testing to me is a great idea and I don't understand why it can't just be compromised.

Comment

• Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
            It would be impressive... If he didn't start his career at 15 years old when he was only 4'11. He was an adolescent and once he matured into in adult, I think it's safe to say he was a comfortable featherweight. I don't think many people take that into account.

I just have not been very impressed with Manny Pacquiao the last couple years, and every time his next fight is announced, I just get angry. Then he demolishes a guy inside of a couple rounds, or wins 12 rounds to 0, and everybody throws a parade. To have a decent debate in NSB is impossible, that's why I am wondering what the level headed fellows in the boxing history have to say about this case.
            You talk as if people do what he has done regularly, and it's not impressive.

Hatton had never been beaten like Pacquiao beat him. Cotto has never been beaten like Pacquiao beat him. No one had clearly beaten Clottey ever, let alone shut him out. Margarito was completely obliterated in a way he's never been. It's not what we want, but to act like Pacquiao isn't doing impressive work the last couple years is just plain wrong.

He has done things no one has ever done, and done so impressively. He's one of the most dynamic offensive fighters ever. He had great success up from 112 to 126 pretty much solely off his power and speed, and since he started becoming a smarter fighter has become one of the best offensive fighters ever.

There should not be a debate about whether Pacquiao is an ATG, at all. Where you want to place him is subjective, but he is clearly one of the 50 best fighters ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              You talk as if people do what he has done regularly, and it's not impressive.

Hatton had never been beaten like Pacquiao beat him. Cotto has never been beaten like Pacquiao beat him. No one had clearly beaten Clottey ever, let alone shut him out. Margarito was completely obliterated in a way he's never been. It's not what we want, but to act like Pacquiao isn't doing impressive work the last couple years is just plain wrong.

He has done things no one has ever done, and done so impressively. He's one of the most dynamic offensive fighters ever. He had great success up from 112 to 126 pretty much solely off his power and speed, and since he started becoming a smarter fighter has become one of the best offensive fighters ever.

There should not be a debate about whether Pacquiao is an ATG, at all. Where you want to place him is subjective, but he is clearly one of the 50 best fighters ever.
              There is no debate. Manny Pacqiauo is unquestionablly an ATG.

His career has been astonishing up to the end of 2008. Then 2009 he had an incredible year, that year for me solified him being atleast a top 60 ATG.

But personally, 2010 didn't do anything for his legacy, and i was disappointed with his year in 2010. And neither will destroying Shane Mosley, IMO.

But to question whether he is an ATG is crazy, he is unquestionably an ATG.

And I don't really like him too much either.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                I like this topic when discussed intelligently.

Is this stopping in this thread now then?

*Ahhh, it's moved. lol

My personal view is it isn't happening because there both diva's. I honestly put the blame on both of them.

In December 09, the first negotiation, it seemed the only issue was drug testing, now it seems for whatever reason other things are blocking it. I also personally think they were planning to delay the fight on purpose to build it up more but now there either over doing it or there is some kind of block behind the scenes. IF one or the other is ducking for whatever reason it will come out when they next negotiate, because I think it's inevitable they will negotiate again at some point.

I by no means think Mayweather nor Pacqiauo are afraid of one another.

As for Pacqiauo being on steroids; Nah, I don't think so. But it did make me and many others suspicious as to why he won't take simple drug testing. Everyone is saying he's on drugs or has become suspiscious so why not just shut everyone up? That's something I don't understand. However, I still don't believe he is on something.

If they fought I believe Mayweather would win.
                You're completely right that it isn't happening because of both having diva attitudes towards each other, but I put more the blame on Mayweather. Pacquiao's completely responsible for the first fallout between the two, but he didn't expect that to be the best chance to make this fight I'm sure. Since the Mosley fight, it's pretty clear Mayweather has had no intention of stepping in the ring with Pacquiao, IMO. He seems to be in his own little world ignoring any possible developments that might make the fight happen.

I just don't see why Pacquiao would be on any PEDs. I don't see the evidence. IMO he rejected the drug testing the first time as either a diva move or because he didn't want the fight then, I don't know which is the case. I just wonder what about Pacquiao makes people think he is using PEDs. He isn't any bigger. He isn't any stronger. He has clearly lost speed. There haven't been any leaks from anyone close claiming he is using anything, like there usually are. I just don't see it. I wouldn't be shocked if he is, but I need more evidence than a jealous fighter and his family that can't believe the guy is as good as he is.

If they fought, I don't think Mayweather has the heart or legs anymore to hold Pacquiao off. It would not be pretty or easy, but I think Pacquiao wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  You're completely right that it isn't happening because of both having diva attitudes towards each other, but I put more the blame on Mayweather. Pacquiao's completely responsible for the first fallout between the two, but he didn't expect that to be the best chance to make this fight I'm sure. Since the Mosley fight, it's pretty clear Mayweather has had no intention of stepping in the ring with Pacquiao, IMO. He seems to be in his own little world ignoring any possible developments that might make the fight happen.

I just don't see why Pacquiao would be on any PEDs. I don't see the evidence. IMO he rejected the drug testing the first time as either a diva move or because he didn't want the fight then, I don't know which is the case. I just wonder what about Pacquiao makes people think he is using PEDs. He isn't any bigger. He isn't any stronger. He has clearly lost speed. There haven't been any leaks from anyone close claiming he is using anything, like there usually are. I just don't see it. I wouldn't be shocked if he is, but I need more evidence than a jealous fighter and his family that can't believe the guy is as good as he is.

If they fought, I don't think Mayweather has the heart or legs anymore to hold Pacquiao off. It would not be pretty or easy, but I think Pacquiao wins.
                  I agree with you on this.

I blame Pacqiauo for the first fall out entirely IMO. For whatever reason he stopped the fight being made, for what I personally feel was something that could easily be compromised.

The second, although Manny only seems to mention testing when he's signed for another fight. We can't forget the fact Mayweather is on 'vacation' this has annoyed me about Mayweather. I'm a hardcore Mayweather fan, followed his entire career, but he HAS to take blame atleast for his time out, why do it? I mean why not just atleast talk to the media, give us some answers, at least, let us know other than on Ustream about his future.

But me personally I put the blame equally on both of them to be honest. This diva **** is out of control.

I don't think he's on PED's either and there is no evidence. The only time I was puzzled was when he wouldn't just take the testing. But even then, I don't believe he's on PED's and the fact remains until proven guilty he isn't on them.

Comment

• Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                    They set the guidelines for weight penalties too, no?
                    If two people agree to terms and sign a contract, that is great. If Pacquiao agrees to submit to the test, that's ok. But I wouldn't blame a fighter for not signing to agree with catchweights, enhanced drug testing, excessive weight penalties anymore than if they were offered inadequate financial terms.

Comment

• I don't give a **** about Pacquiao-Mayweather, Arum said that Marquez gets Pacquiao next! If Marquez can comfortably make 140 and I know that Pacquiao can get back down, this should be good.

Comment

Working...
                      X