James Tillis said Tyson punched like a girl and I beat him"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TRAV1$ View Post
    I know, lets ask Michael Johnson

He can't answer sadly, because he's dead.

and Mikes a lefty aswell......one punch KO with non-preferred hand......

Comment

Tyson and tillis had a sparring contest later in 1987 and tyson beat him more conclusively, cant post the video

Comment

lol..this is hillarious

Comment

Originally posted by banny View Post
          Tyson and tillis had a sparring contest later in 1987 and tyson beat him more conclusively, cant post the video
          was tillis competitive with tyson in the sparring?.

Comment

Was tillis competitive with tyson in the sparring?

Comment

tyson's punching power was extremely overrated. Tillis took his best shots and simply laughed at tyson. He still got out pointed though.

Comment

Tillis did give Tyson a very competitive fight.Tyson wasn't far away from winning a title,but he was still learning at that point.Tillis had the style and smarts to give Tyson problems.He still lost the fight fair and square,though.Four rounds at most,no more than that.

Tillis is actually on record as saying that Tyson hit harder than Shavers,so I'm not sure what's happened recently that prompted him to change his mind.Slightly delusional and perhaps a little a bitter,maybe.

Comment

I read an old article that suggested Tillis deserved the decision, I didn't see it that way. Every fighter has an off night.

Comment

Originally posted by catskills23 View Post
                    was tillis competitive with tyson in the sparring?.
                    Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
                    Tillis did give Tyson a very competitive fight.Tyson wasn't far away from winning a title,but he was still learning at that point.Tillis had the style and smarts to give Tyson problems.He still lost the fight fair and square,though.Four rounds at most,no more than that.

Tillis is actually on record as saying that Tyson hit harder than Shavers,so I'm not sure what's happened recently that prompted him to change his mind.Slightly delusional and perhaps a little a bitter,maybe.
                    when did tillis say this?.

Comment

Tillis defeated Mike in the Ams and until Buster Douglas gave him the best fight of his pro career up to that point.

Comment

Working...
                      X