Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Angulo Resurgence First Step Towards 154-Pound Facelift

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Angulo Resurgence First Step Towards 154-Pound Facelift

By Jake Donovan - One division’s gain is another’s loss.

With Sergio Martinez’ middleweight title winning effort over Kelly Pavlik last weekend comes yet another hit to a junior middleweight division long in need of both leadership and identity.

Oddly enough, its top two fighters for the past year and change – Martinez and Paul Williams – have previously met at middleweight. Chances are, they could once again fight six pounds above where there is a greater demand for a void to be filled.

As distraught as middleweight has been in recent years, a lineal champion has always remained. Not the case one division below, which has lacked a true king since Winky Wright vacated the crown in 2005.

The absence of leadership could be forgiven if there was an identifiable figure drawing interest to the division. That such is not the case only piles on to the problems facing a division that once upon a time served as a money pit but in recent years has become a wasteland.

But all of that is about to change.

The next seven weekends will bear witness to four bouts which boast major significance to the junior middleweight division, beginning with this weekend’s televised co-feature on HBO. [Click Here To Read More]

What about Joel Julio? He could KO Angulo and "derail" him once again, i think he will.

Comment

The only facelift happening at 154 is on Angulo himself if he grows a pair and fights Martinez, PW, Dzinziruk, Kirkland. That is if he's even good enough to get there, Julio will hopefully KO his diva ass and maybe Cintron will school him yet again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
        The only facelift happening at 154 is on Angulo himself if he grows a pair and fights Martinez, PW, Dzinziruk, Kirkland. That is if he's even good enough to get there, Julio will hopefully KO his diva ass and maybe Cintron will school him yet again.
        dumbass this dude has fought anyone they throw his way. never ducks people. if he wanted to build a stupid record he would've avoided cintron and joel julio. "grows a pair"??? u know nothing about this guy. tas mas puto.

Comment

I believe Angulo will go the way of Librado Andrade, possibly getting a title shot then being schooled again and again against the top fighters. Nothing I have seen suggests he could beat P-Will, Martinez, Pavlik or even Kermit Cintron in a rematch. By the way, Kirkland name keeps appearing, is he out of legal trouble yet or maybe soon?

Comment

Originally posted by SluggerFan View Post
            I believe Angulo will go the way of Librado Andrade, possibly getting a title shot then being schooled again and again against the top fighters. Nothing I have seen suggests he could beat P-Will, Martinez, Pavlik or even Kermit Cintron in a rematch. By the way, Kirkland name keeps appearing, is he out of legal trouble yet or maybe soon?
            I don't think he can beat P-Will or Martinez but I think it would be an exciting fight with Pavlik and he beats Cintron in a rematch. He was about to KO Cintron until the time ran out.

Comment

Originally posted by jameshepenstall View Post
              What about Joel Julio? He could KO Angulo and "derail" him once again, i think he will.
              He won't..

Comment

The only "Love Child" here is Angulo! HBO's Love Child... lol

HBO, in it's funtion as promoter.... is banking on Angulo for good and exciting fights. But the kid doesn't even have 20 pro fights and was already schooled (out-boxed) by an fighter that is not know for his boxing skills (Kermit is a puncher not a slick boxer). Imagine what would happen when he faces the Martinez of the world.

I've seen this story many times before. Even if he get's plaster by Julio Joel (which shouldn't happen), HBO will still give him another fight! I would rather see other prospects such as lara, Vazquez or even Porter than Angulo, unless he is in a meaningful fight and not a confidence builder... that's why we have ESPN and Telefutura.

Comment

Originally posted by Nesty View Post
                  The only "Love Child" here is Angulo! HBO's Love Child... lol

HBO, in it's funtion as promoter.... is banking on Angulo for good and exciting fights. But the kid doesn't even have 20 pro fights and was already schooled (out-boxed) by an fighter that is not know for his boxing skills (Kermit is a puncher not a slick boxer). Imagine what would happen when he faces the Martinez of the world.

I've seen this story many times before. Even if he get's plaster by Julio Joel (which shouldn't happen), HBO will still give him another fight! I would rather see other prospects such as lara, Vazquez or even Porter than Angulo, unless he is in a meaningful fight and not a confidence builder... that's why we have ESPN and Telefutura.
                  LOL...Lara!! You would rather see a LARA fight than an ANGULO fight? Lara did not impress me in his last performance...that fight was boooring. You know why ANGULO is on HBO...Here's something we all know that you don't..... .... come alittle closer so u can hear...... ... CUZ HIS FIGHT"S AREN"T BORING. He's an action packed fighter, a brawler, an interim champion, a future world champion...that's why he's on HBO. HBO knows that, i know that...I guess the only person who does not know that is you.

!!!All that bold you see....has got HATER written all over it!!!!

Comment

Somebody feed Angulo to Williams so I never have to see him and his gay dog collar.

Thx.

Comment

Working...
                    X