No announcement yet.

these books has anyone read them

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• these books has anyone read them

I was looking at my ringside catalog and notice these 2 books (ringsides nurition for boxer. and the ultimate guide to weight training for boxing) are these any good. thanks

anyone

Comment

I don't know about the nutrition for boxers book but I have flipped through the ultimate guide to weight training for boxing in the store. I'm guessing that we're talking about the same book. Looks alright, didn't do anything to compel me to add it to my collection.
      My advice if you're interested in these books is to try Never Gymless by Ross Enamait, discussed in another recent thread. It has sections on nutrition and working out in a sport specific manner using bodyweight and resistance bands. It provides workouts for any level of difficulty. His other book, Infinite Intensity complements that one very well and includes exercises with dumbells,medicine balls, homemade resistance equipment, etc. I have read many books on the subject and you can't beat these two books, especially for their price. I can't recommend them high enough!

Comment

BUMP BUMP BUMP to what jason said.

I have never gymless and its a great book. ive never read infinite intensity but ive heard its a bit better than never gymless so it must really be good.

Comment

Originally posted by NJFighter91 View Post
          BUMP BUMP BUMP to what jason said.

I have never gymless and its a great book. ive never read infinite intensity but ive heard its a bit better than never gymless so it must really be good.
          I wouldn't say II is better than NG, they are both equal in my mind. You can have either one and not the other and gain enormous benefits but having both will give you even more variety in your workout program. There is some overlap in terms of exercises in each (they both emphasize burpees, one legged squats) but if you can afford them both, they each have a wealth of information that makes pretty much any other workout book I've ever seen (and I've read plenty over the years) obsolete.

The only book I've seen come close is John Peterson's Pushing Yourself To Power, but that's not necessarily as boxing specific as the Ross Enamait books, but is excellent also if you're looking for strength and conditioning. I use those three books and Ross' out of print books Medicine Ball Training and The Boxer's Guide To Performance Enhancement and I don't think I'll ever need to buy another fitness book again.

Comment

personally, i dont know...thats what ive heard.

another good book is Starting Strength by Mark Ripptoe...although its more of for powerlifting and gaining mass. id recommend this if you wanna just get strong and big.

Comment

how much nutrition info. is there in NEVER GYMLESS?

Comment

As far as nutrition info in NG goes, there is a whole chapter of about 20 pages devoted to the subject. It is very thorough, talking about the need for organic foods rather than processed foods in that section. He's got some very good tips in there. It's my least used part of the book but it's worth a read. Supposedly Ross is working on a whole book about nutrition.

Comment

Working...
                X