Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nonito Donaire: If Oscar De La Hoya loves the sport, he makes Donaire vs Mares

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arum hasn't spoken since the conclusion of Mares vs. Moreno. I'm not giving my hopes up until I hear from Top Rank.

The way I see it, we have 2 separate professional boxing promotional companies that don't match-make with each other unless its a purse bid kind of situation. Until I'm proven otherwise, I'm not changing my thought process.

So realistically, the fights I want to see are Rigo vs. Donaire and Mares vs. Santa Cruz.

Comment

It seems like Mares, Oscar and Donaire want it.

But does Bob Arum?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        It seems like Mares, Oscar and Donaire want it.

But does Bob Arum?
        Of course he doesn't he's a senile old liar

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
          Top Rank proved last week with Lara that they are willing and able to work with GBP

If this fight doesn't happen than u can only blame GBP
          they didn't work together, top rank won the purse bid and they didn't co promote, stop talking out of your ass

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
            How do you know that? How do you know they gave away tix for this GB event? How do you know TR event didnt sell like crap and they gave away tix?
            We have official numbers from the State Athletic commissions and it's a regular pattern with Golden Boy shows.

Couple recent Cali shows from Golden Boy

Tarver vs Kayode, Wright vs Quillin, Trout vs Rodriguez, Malinga vs Santa Cruz in the Home Depot Center
            1,200 tickets sold, 5810 comps, $84,675.25 gate

Bernard Hopkins vs Chard Dawson, Demarco vs Linares, Holt vs Garcia, Malignaggi vs Lora in Staples Center
            3,888 tickets sold, 4,521 comps, $285,000 gate

So it's pretty much impossible to say who's the bigger "draw" just by looking at how packed a venue looked.

Here's Donaire's last two fights. TR seems okay with having a low attendance by not giving away as many tickets.

Nonito Donaire vs Jeffrey Mathebula, Kelly Pavlik vs Will Rosisnsky
            2,667 tickets sold, $149,246 gate, and a 3,200 attendance (so about 550 comped)

Nonito Donaire vs Nishioka, Brandon Rios vs Mike Alvarado
            6,203 tix sold, 752 comped, $406,668 gate

Also, Mare's two fights with Agbeko did poorly.

Abner Mares vs Joseph Agbeko I at the Hard Rock Hotel in Vegas.
            694 tickets sold, 359 comps, $54,375 gate

Abner Mares vs Joseph Agbeko II at the Honda Center in Cali.
            1,161 tickets sold, 918 comps, $70,313 gate

Those are the only official Mares numbers we have with comps/gate figures though. There was a 4,278 attendance for the Morel fight and a 6,631 for the Moreno fight, but without knowing how many comps, it's a useless number to figure out who has more drawing power.
            Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 11-12-2012, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              We have official numbers from the State Athletic commissions and it's a regular pattern with Golden Boy shows. Don't know what the official numbers for the Mares fight were though.

Couple recent Cali shows from Golden Boy

Tarver vs Kayode, Wright vs Quillin, Trout vs Rodriguez, Malinga vs Santa Cruz in the Home Depot Center
              1,200 tickets sold, 5810 comps, $84,675.25 gate

Bernard Hopkins vs Chard Dawson, Demarco vs Linares, Holt vs Garcia, Malignaggi vs Lora in Staples Center
              3,888 tickets sold, 4,521 comps, $285,000 gate

So it's pretty much impossible to say who's the bigger "draw" just by looking at how packed a venue looked.

Here's Donaire's last two fights. TR seems okay with having a low attendance by not giving away as many tickets.

Nonito Donaire vs Jeffrey Mathebula, Kelly Pavlik vs Will Rosisnsky
              2,667 tickets sold, $149,246 gate, and a 3,200 attendance (so about 550 comped)

Nonito Donaire vs Nishioka, Brandon Rios vs Mike Alvarado
              6,203 tix sold, 752 comped, $406,668 gate

Also, Mare's two fights with Agbeko did poorly.

Abner Mares vs Joseph Agbeko I at the Hard Rock Hotel in Vegas.
              694 tickets sold, 359 comps, $54,375 gate

December 3: Abner Mares vs Joseph Agbeko II at the Honda Center in Cali.
              1,161 tickets sold, 918 comps, $70,313 gate

Those are the only official Mares numbers we have with comps/gate figures though. There was a 4,278 attendance for the Morel fight and a 6,631 for the Moreno fight, but without knowing how many comps, it's a useless figure for figuring out draw power.
              If Fetta still finds a way to argue after this post, then I don't know what else to say.

Comment

i cant help but say that if nonito loved boxing, he wouldnt be fighting arce.

Comment

Originally posted by delipooke View Post
                  If Fetta still finds a way to argue after this post, then I don't know what else to say.
                  why? He showed numbers from fights not involving mares other than his old fights before he won tourney and became bigger but like i said IDK numbers and could be wrong. He seems to be the bigger draw but ok if hes not.

Comment

I don't think this fight is gonna get done unless showtime or hbo throws a *****load of money in the pot

Comment

not gonna happen. Nonito will want a fair ref or one that favors him....you know the drill...blah blah blah...

Comment

Working...
                      X