Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could combine two time periods together which would it be??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could combine two time periods together which would it be??

And who woul you match up?

I would wan't to see the best fighters from the 80's against the best from the last decade. Holmes vs. Klitschko, Hagler vs. Hopkins, Hearns vs. Mayweather, Duran vs. Pacquiao, De La Hoya vs. Hearns, Roy Jones vs anyone below heavyweight.

Comment

1900-1920 with 1990-2010. Just because I want to see all those old-timers.

But let's see...

Jack Dempsey vs. Klitschko brothers is really the matchup that jumped out at me
      Jack Johnson vs. Mike Tyson
      Roy Jones and Bernard Hopkins vs. Bob Fitzsimmons
      Stanley Ketchel vs. James Toney (SLUGFEST)
      Jimmy Wilde vs. Ricardo Lopez would have just been a beautiful thing to see.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
        1900-1920 with 1990-2010. Just because I want to see all those old-timers.

But let's see...

Jack Dempsey vs. Klitschko brothers is really the matchup that jumped out at me
        Jack Johnson vs. Mike Tyson
        Roy Jones and Bernard Hopkins vs. Bob Fitzsimmons
        Stanley Ketchel vs. James Toney (SLUGFEST)
        Jimmy Wilde vs. Ricardo Lopez would have just been a beautiful thing to see.
        Dempsey vs Tyson would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivansmamma View Post
          Dempsey vs Tyson would be cool.
          That's not a fight for women and children, I'll tell you that much. That is a MAN'S FIGHT!

Comment

I could not go past combining the 40s with the 70s. Hard to top the matches which would result.
            Last edited by Wild Blue Yonda; 05-28-2011, 01:17 AM.

Comment

I'd like to take the middleweights from around 1975-1985......Monzon, Hagler, Hearns, Bennie Briscoe, Vito Antuofermo, Alan Minter, Rodrigo Valdez, "Cyclone" Hart, Willie Monroe, Bobby Watts, Hamsho, etc against the middleweights of about 1948-1958.....Ray Robinson, Rocky Graziano, Jake LaMotta, Marcel Cerdan, Randy Turpin, Bobo Olson, Paul Pender, Gene Fulmer, Carmen Basilio, Tony Zale.

Robinson vs Monzon or Graziano vs Hagler would be awesome. As would most of the other boxers of that earlier period.

Have to cheat a little and throw a plug in for the heavyweights of the 1970's vs the heavyweights of the 1980's.

Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Young, Norton, Lyle, Quarry, Jimmy Ellis, Earnie Shavers, Stan Ward, Bonavena of the 70's vs Larry Holmes, Mike Tyson, Witherspoon, Dokes, Greg Page, Pinklon Thomas, Berbick, Tony Tucker, Bonecrusher Smith, Gerrie Coetzee, Bernardo Mercardo, Tony Tubbs & Randy Cobb of the 1980's. I think the 1970's batch beats the heck out of most of the crew from the 1980's, but still I think there'd be some good match ups.

Comment

Fab 4 era and this era.

Pacquiao
                Floyd
                SRL
                Hearns
                Duran
                Hagler
                Sergio
                Margarito
                PWill
                Ward
                Dirrell
                Bute
                Froch
                Kessler
                AA

Could you imagine the showdowns? It would be hectic.

Comment

any time period with the last ten years to shut SCTROJANS up

seriously

any period will probably do

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
                    And who woul you match up?
                    man i really would luv to combine the era of arguello, chacon, escalera, limon, boza-edwards and navarette to the era of pacquiao, barrera, marquez and morales... (all at 130)

a lot of great friggin' match-ups to be made there!

Comment

Working...
                    X