Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worse decision: Whitaker vs chavez or pac vs bradley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
    Chavez vs Whitaker was close.. Pacquiao dominated Bradely. One question, is the TS African American? Most Blacks thought Pernell won while most Hispanics thought it was a good decision..
    Lol.... 3 pages in and the race card has been pulled.

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    I'm saying though. But then again, nothing surprises me in this place anymore.
    Last edited by -PBP-; 12-12-2012, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Pac 10 rounds Bradley 2 rounds Whitker ran to much I had it 7 rounds Whitker 5 rounds Chavez he also show boated and clown around to much rather than fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
        I scored Whitaker-Chavez 117-111 to Whitaker and it's not that easy to see how you could have given Chavez too many more rounds. Some of them were close alright so I suppose it's not out of the question. In Pac-Bradley, 115-113 for either guy is probably fair enough.
        Must be a Black dude as one guy stated if you think Pacquiao vs Bradley was 115 to 113 you either need glasses or your bias as hell

Comment

Originally posted by ROYistheGOAT View Post
          Chavez was made to look like an amateur by whitaker. Bradley vs pac was just a bad fight, neither did much of anything. Pac just tried to steal rounds in the last 30 seconds but still didnt do much of anything, neither did at all. It's basically scoring a few jabs and some body work(bradley) or pac only fighting 30 seconds a round.
          I wouldn't go that far. Whitaker was winning the points and winning the fight but it was a draw so it's different. Pac clearly won and was robbed.

Both were terrible but since one was a draw, then it's hard to call it a robbery.

Comment

cant believe more people think witaker chavez was more of a robbery than pac bradley.... Pac dominated bradley all fight...

Comment

People on here cant deny that race does not inlfuence how people see or judge fights.. Come on!!! It should not be like that but it is!! I had Pac winning easily against Bradely and I was rooting fro Bradely..I had whitaker VS Chavez a draw..

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                I wouldn't go that far. Whitaker was winning the points and winning the fight but it was a draw so it's different. Pac clearly won and was robbed.

Both were terrible but since one was a draw, then it's hard to call it a robbery.
                This is a good point too. Whitaker kept his belt, ended Chavez winning streak and was promoted to P4P#1 in the world.

On the other hand, Pacquiao lost his belt while Bradley kept his undefeated record and position on the pound for pound list.

So Pacquiao lost a lot more than Whitaker did as a result of the robbery. And Chavez lost a lot more than Bradley did as a result of the robbery.

Comment

looks like some people dont understand the difference between a draw and a win?? If pac dominated bradley and bradley got the win, thats more of a robbery then a draw in chavez whitaker.. i dont doubt these same people they think Chavez whitaker was more of robbery then Lara Williams.... SMH

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
                    People on here cant deny that race does not inlfuence how people see or judge fights.. Come on!!! It should not be like that but it is!!..
                    For a few people, yes. But to say only black people feel Whitaker was robbed and latinos thought it was close? C'mon bro, that's such an ignorant thing to say.

Was it blacks that were openly disgusted about the robbery writing in Sports Illustrated? Were blacks in charge of The Ring ratings that promoted Whitaker to #1 pound for pound?

I could be wrong but it just sounds like your using the race card to explain why this fight is widely regarded as a robbery when this clearly is not the case.
                    Last edited by -PBP-; 12-12-2012, 10:18 AM.

Comment

both equally horrible

Comment

Working...
                      X