No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Barrera Compares Donaire To Pacquiao, Talks Rios

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Barrera Compares Donaire To Pacquiao, Talks Rios

Nonito Donaire scored a commanding victory this past weekend in Carson, California, as he stopped brave former champion Toshiaki Nishioka inside of nine one-sided rounds. The action may have started slow, but Donaire’s eye-catching knockdowns in the sixth and ninth rounds helped to put an exclamation point on his showcase.

Taking in the contest from ringside, where he was calling the bout for TV Azteca, former three-division champion Marco Antonio Barrera spoke on the 29-year old Donaire’s performance.

[Click Here To Read More]

Donaire needs a few more Mexicans on his resume, namely Arce, Mares.

fighting unknown Cubans isnt gonna do anything for him at the moment. It will be a stretch to make him into a PPV star, but fighting and beating Mexicans is the way to go here

Comment

I agree with everything Barrera said except for the Fight of the Year comment, I still think Orlando Salido/JuanMa 2 should get that honor.

Comment

Originally posted by liraj View Post
        I agree with everything Barrera said except for the Fight of the Year comment, I still think Orlando Salido/JuanMa 2 should get that honor.
        that was a beatdown except for maybe 2, 3 rounds most

Comment

Mexicans support their boxers where it counts, with ticket sales and TV ratings. If only Cubans would do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Mexicans support their boxers where it counts, with ticket sales and TV ratings. If only Cubans would do the same.
            cuban fighters like casamayor of old and gamboa got the support of their countrymen but cubans like rigo, de lara needs to step up their game to get the support of their countrymen.

Comment

nonito and pac have contrasting style... nonito is a thinking fighter while pac has devil-may-care attitude...manny is more exciting not only because he's throwing punches by the volume but he's not afraid to trade punches...i like both...

Comment

cuban fighters like casamayor of old and gamboa got the support of their countrymen but cubans like rigo, de lara needs to step up their game to get the support of their countrymen.

Comment

Yeah because there are as many cuban americans as there are mexican americans.

Comment

Donaire and Pacquiao really shouldn't be compared. They don't fight anything alike.

Comment

Working...
                    X