Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did mares cut off the ring well against Moreno?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did mares cut off the ring well against Moreno?

There were some comical moments when mares was running at/towards Moreno
    no
    8.33%
    yes
    91.67%

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
    There were some comical moments when mares was running at/towards Moreno
    The fact that Moreno had to sprint backwards is testament that Mares was effective cutting off the ring. Dude literally ran away at times and thats out of frustration. He was trying to get breathing room.

Comment

he did good. He fakes a right and twist cause he knew moreno was gonn turn to slip the punch and mares caught him. He also thru his punches ahead of moreno to stop him and cut it off, he is the shorter guy so cutting the ring take more work .l

Comment

Yea he did. Moreno boxes from the outside and needs space.

Mares had no worries about running at him because of his feather fists

Comment

YES...but Mares is a boxer himself, not some dumb flat footed face first brawler, his pressure was effective because Mares has good footwork himself!

Comment

I hated when he ran after him..there's no way you've got good balance while literally jogging after your man...if Moreno would've stopped and hooked more than that 1 time he did..I believe Mares would've been knocked down..

other than that..he did a great job with his lateral movement and cut the ring off pretty good and trapped Moreno a couple times..

Comment

He did a really good job closing the gap between them. That was his game plan and it worked Moreno was never able to get a breather during the fight.

Comment

Yeah he did.

He knew Moreno couldn't hurt him and that's major these boxer vs. brawler type of matchups.

Comment

He did the best he could against a guy who barely wanted to fight. This is coming from some one who loves the boxing/defensive/slick style, when pulled off effectively. That was not effect outboxing/defense/slick, that was just sloppiness, running, and no inside-fighting skills at all. Top 10 P4P my ass.

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
                  I hated when he ran after him..there's no way you've got good balance while literally jogging after your man...if Moreno would've stopped and hooked more than that 1 time he did..I believe Mares would've been knocked down..

other than that..he did a great job with his lateral movement and cut the ring off pretty good and trapped Moreno a couple times..
                  No he wouldn't have, Moreno caught Mares with more than just hooks at times, especially when Mares let him get 6 clean punches where Moreno loaded up on and neither punch phased him. Moreno is very weak and Mares is not some glass chin boxer either.

Comment

Was it textbook? No, but Mares did what he needed to do and it was effective.

Comment

Working...
                    X