Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leo Santa Cruz vs Abner Mares

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off topic but where would most put the winner of Moreno-Mares on their personal P4P list?

Comment

Santa Cruz for me, I've watched the Malinga and Morel fights and been really impressed. I think this matchup has a very good chance of happening, since I can't see past Moreno beating Mares.

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
      Off topic but where would most put the winner of Moreno-Mares on their personal P4P list?
      Personal P4P list now is:

1) Mayweather
      2) Ward
      3) Pacquiao
      4) Donaire
      5) Martinez
      6) JMM
      7) Bradley
      8) Wlad
      9) Moreno
      10) Froch

So I reckon that if Moreno won he'd go to 8th, maybe even equal 7th, and if Mares won he'd be 9th, maybe equal 8th.

Comment

I like both fighters,Maybeb favor leo.But it will be a battle.

Comment

Fight of the decade for sure, I'm going with Mares on this.

Comment

Mares. Santa Cruz is good, but I think Mares is more polished than he is, and he can bang. I have no doubt thise fight will happen in the near future. Mares will fight anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
              Well since Moreno is at #10 now, which I don't agree with, I think the winner should move to #8 and move Vitali and Bradley down.

Comment

I don't like this fight because I like them both. But I'd pick Mares based on his resume. However I find it important to say that Santa Cruz's Morrel's win although impressive, means less than Mares'. Because Morrel dropped in weight for that fight & at his age, it couldn't have been good.

Comment

I'd pick Mares.

I'd like to see the winner of Mares-Moreno fight him.

There's so many fights at 122 to be made.

Comment

Definitely a good fight. I got Cruz by UD also.

Comment

I think Mares wins based on experience with elite level oposition. He fought the best at bantams (Although the best was missing) of an era people considered to be one of the best bantamweight eras ever.

In a fighting scenario, I think Santa Cruz can win. Eventhough he's still learning he's a pretty smart guy with those hip shots. He knows how to position himself when the ref can't see them, maybe he does it and Abner tries to get even. Since he's more blatant with the low punches so he might get some warnings and maybe a point deducted. So in a fire fight, this benefits Santa Cruz a lot.

Tough fight to call I like Santa Cruz more though so I would WANT him to win.

Comment

Working...
                      X