No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Insider Notebook: Mayweather-Ortiz Debate, Vanes, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Insider Notebook: Mayweather-Ortiz Debate, Vanes, More

By Robert Morales - Bob Arum has been promoting boxing for over 40 years. In all that time, he said he can't think of one fighter who would have taken advantage of the situation the way Floyd Mayweather Jr. did during his fourth-round knockout of Victor Ortiz on Sept. 17.

"I really don't know any," Arum said Tuesday.

Had he seen anyone do anything even similar to Mayweather's surprise KO of Ortiz?

"Nope," Arum said.

When Ortiz's promoter, Oscar De La Hoya, played host to a conference call Monday with Ortiz and his manager, Rolando Arellano, De La Hoya was asked if during his many years as a fighter he knew anyone who would have clocked an opponent immediately following a sportsmanlike embrace.

"Zero, none of them," De La Hoya said. "Not even Ricardo Mayorga would have done that."

What about Fernando Vargas, who was busted for steroids after being knocked out by De La Hoya in the 11th round in September 2002?

"Not even a Fernando Vargas," De La Hoya said. "And that tells you a lot. This fight was barely warming up. We were cheated, everyone was cheated - especially Victor Ortiz - from a great fight happening."

Interestingly, Mayorga was at the post-fight news conference. He was interviewed about what happened by good friend Lance Pugmire of the Los Angeles Times. According to Pugmire, Mayorga told him he would have done exactly what Mayweather did.

Anyway, Arum was asked if Mayweather's actions make him think twice about putting his Manny Pacquiao in with Mayweather? [Click Here To Read More]

da ****k is this ****? WWE? This is SUPPOSED to be professional boxing. da ****k? Oscar and Ortiz are as fake as they come. This is a circus act.

Why are they crying like hoes? Ortiz is delusional, but this only reinforces the bull**** within his explanations, or excuses subsequently to getting beat by Maidana. He's a beast who can be tamed under pressure, and will quit under the belief that he can't overcome it, nor will he try. He said it himself in the post Maidana interview. He doesn't deserve to get beat up like that.

Unfortunately, Floyd was going to tax that ass and beat him down. He quit! That headbutt was a blatant sign of quitting. da ****? Yet, he wants to cry, and ask for a rematch? Not only that but he has consistenly changed his story of what happened in the ring against Mayweather, as well as delusionally believing that the fight had not resumed when Cortez clearly brought them together from opposing corners, and with his arm signaled for the fighters to resume the fight after Ortiz had already apologized to Floyd, and even kissed him. da ****k?

I don't even know why people take what Oscar says seriously. I don't know him personally, yet I know that when the cameras are on he is full of bull**** at least 99% of the time.

Comment

even if floyd did this deliberately, it would have been deserved.
      a boxer uses his hands(like floyd) not his head(like ortiz).
      ortiz was the criminal here.
      look at the video again at normal speed (real time).
      cortez brought the fighters together and between the two of them he made his trade mark "slice" down the middle and back pedal for the fight to continue.
      it was and is at that point where the fight restarted and everyone knows it.
      however, ortiz did offer a touching of the gloves to which floyd obliged but then its game on.
      floyds very quick and did not have to move away/step back or do anything other than proceed with the fight.
      if ortiz had of been able to block these shots nobody would be running fmj down at all.
      short memories are exactly that.
      remember when ortiz gave up because he didnt want it with maidana?
      he shook his head and said no i dont want it.
      this is where discipline seperates an unproffesional ortiz with the great floyd mayweather.
      whilst floyd may not fight too often, he maintains a "stay fit" regime that is
      similar to that of the great bernard hopkins and other sporting greats.
      his mind and body work in complete sync and split second reaction or action on his part(a boxing quality) has demonised him and its wrong.
      arum is a fvkin wanker.
      also, did anybody actually whatch what was happening to ortiz prior to this eaqsy ko victory for fmj?
      floyd was makin him miss and pot shottin at will.
      we were getting a demonstration of how great he really is.
      this whole issue is purely feeding the army of people who dislike floyd and nothing more.
      on a final note, larry merchant is very irritatating and post fight interviews are conducted by him in a very unflattering and almost insulting way.
      ex fighters are the best at doing this job.
      merchant should be advertising retirement funds or country and western cd box sets for 49.99 or something.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        By Robert Morales - Bob Arum has been promoting boxing for over 40 years. In all that time, he said he can't think of one fighter who would have taken advantage of the situation the way Floyd Mayweather Jr. did during his fourth-round knockout of Victor Ortiz on Sept. 17.

"I really don't know any," Arum said Tuesday.

Had he seen anyone do anything even similar to Mayweather's surprise KO of Ortiz?

"Nope," Arum said.

When Ortiz's promoter, Oscar De La Hoya, played host to a conference call Monday with Ortiz and his manager, Rolando Arellano, De La Hoya was asked if during his many years as a fighter he knew anyone who would have clocked an opponent immediately following a sportsmanlike embrace.

"Zero, none of them," De La Hoya said. "Not even Ricardo Mayorga would have done that."
        What about Fernando Vargas, who was busted for steroids after being knocked out by De La Hoya in the 11th round in September 2002?

"Not even a Fernando Vargas," De La Hoya said. "And that tells you a lot. This fight was barely warming up. We were cheated, everyone was cheated - especially Victor Ortiz - from a great fight happening."

Interestingly, Mayorga was at the post-fight news conference. He was interviewed about what happened by good friend Lance Pugmire of the Los Angeles Times. According to Pugmire, Mayorga told him he would have done exactly what Mayweather did.

Anyway, Arum was asked if Mayweather's actions make him think twice about putting his Manny Pacquiao in with Mayweather? [Click Here To Read More]

Mayorga: I Would Have Did What Mayweather Did

By Ryan Burton

Former world champion Ricardo "El Matador" Mayorga was on hand at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas to watch Floyd Mayweather's controversial fourth round knockout of WBC welterweight champion Victor Ortiz. he knockout punches were deemed dirty by some observers but Mayorga felt the punches were clean and perfectly legal. He said that the knockout was Ortiz's own fault.

"I would have done the same thing Floyd did. That was clean. It wasn't dirty at all. It was his (Ortiz) fault. He dropped his gloves and got hit. He shouldn't have let is guard down."

In his long career career Mayorga has faced fighters such as Oscar de la Hoya, Tito Trinidad, Shane Mosley and Vernon Forrest. When he looks at the sports current crop of fighters he regards Mayweather as the best pound for pound fighter in the world.

"Mayweather is the best pound for pound fighter out there by far. No one can beat him."

Mayorga last fought in March when he suffered a twelfth round knockout loss to Miguel Cotto. The outspoken Nicaraguan went on to say that he wants to return to the ring soon but that he didn't have any fights lined up. Earlier this year there were rumors that he may face WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. down the line.

"They don't want that fight. They know I will beat him. He (Chavez) is scared of me. He knows what I will do to him," said Mayorga.

http://www.boxingscene.com/mayorga-i...eather---43930

Comment

Go and watch the Face off again. "If you make any mistakes, you have to pay". "If you make any mistakes, you have to pay".
          Floyd Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by ronniejunior View Post
            Mayorga: I Would Have Did What Mayweather Did

By Ryan Burton

Former world champion Ricardo "El Matador" Mayorga was on hand at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas to watch Floyd Mayweather's controversial fourth round knockout of WBC welterweight champion Victor Ortiz. he knockout punches were deemed dirty by some observers but Mayorga felt the punches were clean and perfectly legal. He said that the knockout was Ortiz's own fault.

"I would have done the same thing Floyd did. That was clean. It wasn't dirty at all. It was his (Ortiz) fault. He dropped his gloves and got hit. He shouldn't have let is guard down."

In his long career career Mayorga has faced fighters such as Oscar de la Hoya, Tito Trinidad, Shane Mosley and Vernon Forrest. When he looks at the sports current crop of fighters he regards Mayweather as the best pound for pound fighter in the world.

"Mayweather is the best pound for pound fighter out there by far. No one can beat him."

Mayorga last fought in March when he suffered a twelfth round knockout loss to Miguel Cotto. The outspoken Nicaraguan went on to say that he wants to return to the ring soon but that he didn't have any fights lined up. Earlier this year there were rumors that he may face WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. down the line.

"They don't want that fight. They know I will beat him. He (Chavez) is scared of me. He knows what I will do to him," said Mayorga.

http://www.boxingscene.com/mayorga-i...eather---43930
            Wow! who is Mayorga? wtf ! birds on the same feather flock together.
            Floydiots on the loose!

Comment

Arum needs to shut his face!! he's a lying sack ah s|-|it!!! And Ortiz, when you fight, keep your hands up and don't kiss your opponent, unless you wanna get KO'd!!

Comment

WOW! This guy is such a con artist... Such a bull****er... First of all.. it was Victoria who was at fault with not 1 but several head butts, not Floyd, so be afraid of putting your cash cow in with Floyd, very afraid, see how he gets smashed on... What are you afraid of that Manny will leave his hands down and get hit by a legal punch...? HIlarious...LMAO! anYTHING coming out of this guys mouth is just speculation... Ill believe it when I see it... Lets hope the Dec card is going to be something sick.. so far its looking to be nice...

Comment

Originally posted by Best in Boxing View Post
                  Arum needs to shut his face!! he's a lying sack ah s|-|it!!! And Ortiz, when you fight, keep your hands up and don't kiss your opponent, unless you wanna get KO'd!!
                  HAHA... Nah bro, Victoria, was gna take a picture of his eye,just for Floyd to sign for him after the KO.. Victoria was borderline gay that night.. how many ties you gonna kiss a dude.. unreal and still complaining... ALl these bias fans just dont wanna admit the truth...

Comment

As much as Oscar and Victor hate to admit it, Floyd would have legally and easily assaulted that smile off Victor's face over the next 4-6 rounds. 8 if Danny Garcia were as dumb as his brother. Vic looked like he got jumped after 4, he would have looked like Margarito after 8. Floyd did him a favor...got him a few mil for 1/3 the amount of punishment. No rematch please...the public was fooled thinking this fight was going to be remotely competitive. Money v Pacquiao 2012 please!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X