Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Legacy Terms, How Do You Rate Floyds Win Over Hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Legacy Terms, How Do You Rate Floyds Win Over Hatton?

How great of a win would you say this is for Mayweather? In terms of legacy?

Solid/good win IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Solid/good win IMO.
      Do U find Pacquiao's win over Hatton more impressive?

Comment

Originally posted by CuBaN HaWk View Post
        Do U find Pacquiao's win over Hatton more impressive?
        About the same.

Comment

Very solid win for Mayweather. Hatton was at the top of his game and the man to beat. People believed Hatton was the man who could beat Mayweather and Mayweather was accused of ducking Ricky Hatton. He dominated Ricky Hatton and handed him his first loss, by KO no less, which Floyd does not do too often - he is not a KO artist.

I just feel that when Manny fought Hatton he was disheartened. He wasn't unbeaten, he was blowing up in weight and abusing drugs and alcohol. I think at his absolute best, he puts up a better fight than what we saw, but I don't see Hatton winning.

I think that Floyd definitely fought the better version of Hatton. As you know, Hatton would go on to take a pasting in his next fight, and then he would fight Manny and retire - never a good sign. It tells us that he was at the tail end of his career when he fought Manny.

Comment

I agree Mayweather fought a better version.

Comment

It was a solid win, but it would have meant more at 140. Hatton's fights at 147 were disappointing.

Comment

It doesn't do much. Hatton was a club fighter who got hyped up by a certain group of people based on where he was from.

Poet
                Last edited by StarshipTrooper; 09-02-2011, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                  It doesn't do much. Hatton was a clubbed fighter who got hyped up by a certain group of people based on where he was from.

Poet
                  Yeah he was damn well looked after for sure. But.

He was lineal champion do with a 43-0 record and had beat Tzsyu.

I know tons of fighters who get hyped due to there fan base etc, but they didnt achieve no were near what Hatton did.

No matter what people were behind him, he still had to do the fighting & winning in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by CuBaN HaWk View Post
                    Yeah he was damn well looked after for sure. But.

He was lineal champion do with a 43-0 record and had beat Tzsyu.

I know tons of fighters who get hyped due to there fan base etc, but they didnt achieve no were near what Hatton did.

No matter what people were behind him, he still had to do the fighting & winning in the ring.
                    He beat a well past-it Tszyu and a washed up Castillo. Those are his two biggest wins and considering the shape those two were in they mean pretty much **** all.

Shannon Briggs was the lineal champion at Heavyweight. It doesn't mean squat.

Point being, if it weren't for his loudmouthed nuthuggers Hatton would be known for exactly what he is: A club fighter that picked off a couple of has-beens and got a couple of undeserved shots at the big boys. A couple of shots he got the crap beaten out him in.

Poet

Comment

Working...
                    X