No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rafael Marquez Injured, Comeback Fight Postponed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rafael Marquez Injured, Comeback Fight Postponed

According to reports in Mexico, former champion Rafael Marquez suffered a cut on his right arm after falling during a morning run in Conejo Valley in Mexico, and a planned comeback fight on April 9 will be postponed. Marquez required fifteen stitches. The boxer ran at 5:30 am with his team, and then suddenly he slip down to the ground his elbow and upper right arm. He was taken to a doctor immediately. He was told to rest for a period of 20 days.
    [Click Here To Read More]

You've had a great career.

You should retire old warrior.

Go fishing with Vazquez.

Comment

I really do not want to see Marquez/Lopez 2. I know it will happen because a lot of money can be made but to me it is a wasteful fight. Lopez is clearly the better fighter now.

Comment

He'll be back. I hope he takes a few easier tune up bouts before jumping in with another young lion like JuanMa.

Comment

When small injuries are constantly delaying your ring returns, it's time to hang them up.

Bodies take a good amount of punishment in training camp, so it's hard not to sustain little injuries even in your prime, you just keep training and hope that you're rid of it by fight time.

When these same little injuries are stopping you from training and delaying fights, it's time. Rafa has gotten too old in ring years for this and has already tried giving his body a rest, but he's done (doesn't mean he still wouldn't beat plenty of fighters though).

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
            You've had a great career.

You should retire old warrior.

Go fishing with Vazquez.
            I think Marquez showed he had some more left with his performance against Juanma. Hopefully this injury stops the rematch from happening and speeds up a Gamboa-Juanma fight.

Comment

Marquez wants another pay check but will still get a beating from lopez just retire so lopez rojas or lopez barros can happen

Comment

This is typical Arum behaviour by wanting to put in his one of his cash cows (lopez) with a guy he knows he is going to beat (marquez). The first fight was only competitive for like the first 3 rounds and not many people want to see a rematch. I would rather him fight caballero to be honest.

Comment

This dude is sooo freaking clumsy. His last fight with Juanma was postponed because he jammed his thumb on a car door and now another fight is postponed cause he tripped.... WTF is wrong with this dude... This Mexican looser should just retire and call it a day. OOOPPPSSS!!! Meant to say Mexican quitter.... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Machingo69 View Post
                    This dude is sooo freaking clumsy. His last fight with Juanma was postponed because he jammed his thumb on a car door and now another fight is postponed cause he tripped.... WTF is wrong with this dude... This Mexican looser should just retire and call it a day. OOOPPPSSS!!! Meant to say Mexican quitter.... LOL
                    I guess you think that's meant to be funny?

Are you Rican, boy?

Answer me you fucking ****.

Comment

Working...
                    X