Collapse
No announcement yet.

why is cottos next fight on ppv??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the very simple reason that it will bring in money.

Comment

Because HBO doesn't have room in their budget to make it a WCB.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
        Because HBO doesn't have room in their budget to make it a WCB.
        Yup. If HBO picked up Cotto's next fight they may not have the budget for Alexander-Bradley then the same people would be saying "Why isn't HBO going to televise Alexander-Bradley?"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
          Yup. If HBO picked up Cotto's next fight they may not have the budget for Alexander-Bradley then the same people would be saying "Why isn't HBO going to televise Alexander-Bradley?"

Not positive, but I don't think one has do with the other. Alexander-Bradley will be attributed to the 2011 budget. The Cotto fight, being in December, would have to fit under the 2010 budget, and Cotto demands a lot of money.

Comment

Not positive, but I don't think one has do with the other. Alexander-Bradley will be attributed to the 2011 budget. The Cotto fight, being in December, would have to fit under the 2010 budget, and Cotto demands a lot of money.
            It's the same idea. I don't where HBO puts their budgets in the year.

Replace Alexander-Bradley with JMM-Katsidis or Martinez-Williams 2.

The complaints would be "Why is HBO televising this crappy Cotto fight when JMM-Katsidis and Martinez-Williams 2 are on PPV?"

Comment

It's the same idea. I don't where HBO puts their budgets in the year.

Replace Alexander-Bradley with JMM-Katsidis or Martinez-Williams 2.

The complaints would be "Why is HBO televising this crappy Cotto fight when JMM-Katsidis and Martinez-Williams 2 are on PPV?"
              Oh I totally agree. Was just pointing out that the Bradley/Devon fight will devirginize the 2011 budget.

Comment

Originally posted by PAULIE! View Post
                they dont even have an opponent yet and if hes fighting cintron or martirosyan that ppv wont sell squat

Cotto is the thrid biggest PPV attraction in USA boxing....it's fact...hence his fights are on PPV. The fight will sell.

Comment

Oh I totally agree. Was just pointing out that the Bradley/Devon fight will devirginize the 2011 budget.
                  Yeah. I have high hopes for 2011 in boxing.

Comment

Yeah. I have high hopes for 2011 in boxing.
                    With the way late September and October completely fell apart, I'm also hoping for a great 2011 in boxing.

Comment

Puerto Ricans buy ppv, they support their fighters well

Comment

Working...
                      X