No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Valuev: Wladimir Could Dump WBA Belt in Povetkin Mess

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Valuev: Wladimir Could Dump WBA Belt in Povetkin Mess

Former heavyweight champion Nikolai Valuev could see the possibility of unified champion Wladimir Klitschko dumping the WBA championship over the ongoing dispute with Alexander Povetkin and his promoter, Sauerland Event. Povetkin, the WBA's "regular champion" at heavyweight is the mandatory challenger to Wladimir, who holds the WBA's "super title."

[Click Here To Read More]

Another fight between top fighters to likely not happen. This is a major reason this is the worst ever era in heavyweight boxing.

Comment

Just one Russian hoping he wont have to watch his countreyman get KTFO, something Povetkin has been avoiding this whole time.

Comment

Wladimir has a lot in common with Floyd Mayweather. Money hungry, boring, fake, dominant, will never get the credit they truly deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
          Just one Russian hoping he wont have to watch his countreyman get KTFO, something Povetkin has been avoiding this whole time.
          As his fellow countryman this is understandable. As a boxing fan it is not. These types of fights need to be made to help bring the heavyweight division back.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            As his fellow countryman this is understandable. As a boxing fan it is not. These types of fights need to be made to help bring the heavyweight division back.
            You realize im talking about Valuev right? This fight should have happened already in the last 2 or 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
              You realize im talking about Valuev right? This fight should have happened already in the last 2 or 3 years.
              That is why I said as "his" fellow countryman and not your fellow countryman. And yes this fight should have been made long ago. That it has been able to slide so long while both guys are still called champion is just a disgraceful part of boxing today.

Comment

Another fight between top fighters to likely not happen. This is a major reason this is the worst ever era in heavyweight boxing.
                Inventing even more nonsense to hate the Klitschkos?

Wlad has more world championships wins against more champs and former champs than Muhammad Ali, Larry Holmes or Lennox Lewis.

And considering that Floyd Patterson was a cruiser (196 lbs), Sonny Liston's KO is doubtful and Joe Frazier was blind on his eye, you should really check your standards of what you consider "the worst era in heavyweight boxing".

Judging by the hate you spew about the Klitschkos every day, no matter what they would do: You would always continue b*tching.

Comment

That is why I said as "his" fellow countryman and not your fellow countryman. And yes this fight should have been made long ago. That it has been able to slide so long while both guys are still called champion is just a disgraceful part of boxing today.
                  Ahem, Valuev LOST to Chagaev and hence Wlad fought Chagaev.
                  Valuev LOST to Haye and hence Wlad fought Haye.

Now you complain about Klitschko not fighting Valuev, yet had he fought him you would complain that he was ducking Valuev's conquerors.

This is one of the best heavyweight eras ever and what Wladimir is doing is unprecedented in heavyweight history. But besides marvelling at some stories about the glorious past you are obviously too blind to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by hweightblogger View Post
                    Now you complain about Klitschko not fighting Valuev,

I think he was talking about Alexander. Not Valuev. I think you were being a bit overzealous.

Usually I step in these threads to debate Klitschko detractors but I found nothing.

Comment

Working...
                    X