Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Timmothy Bradley somewhat reminds me of a younger Hopkins.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Swoosh View Post
    lol if anyone would have reminded you of anyone Saturday night it was how Nate was doing his best James Toney impression. Rolling with shots and working angles. I like Bradley and he seems to be on OK kid, but he still has a lot to learn with his technique. Not to mention the Karma that follows Gary Shaw will soon catch up to him.
    Nate's shoulder roll impression was by far the worst I have seen. He couldn't roll ****, and was getting busted up while he tried to do it, hence why he tried to use a high guard after and proceeded to quit.

Comment

Originally posted by KENSHIRO View Post
      Is that all it was to you?
      Hopkins was dropped 2 times by Mercado and came away with a draw (Although, he clearly won), Bradley was dropped 2 times by Holt and came away with a win... so, yeah. I haven't thought of this comparrison though, I'm gunna re-watch some Bradley fights (If I can get my hands on them) and have a look...

Comment

Is that all it was to you?
        pretty much. other than the knockdowns, i thought he did fine. i would say holt couldn't handle bradley at all, really.

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
          Hopkins was dropped 2 times by Mercado and came away with a draw (Although, he clearly won), Bradley was dropped 2 times by Holt and came away with a win... so, yeah. I haven't thought of this comparrison though, I'm gunna re-watch some Bradley fights (If I can get my hands on them) and have a look...
          I don't really credit what Mercado did to B-Hop in the 1st fight. Alot wen't on, armed soilders kicking down doors, the altitude and B-Hop felt, had he won, he wouldn't have been able to leave alive. Honestly, you know you won a fight when you get dropped twice, fight in the opponent's backyard and come out with a draw

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
            Nate's shoulder roll impression was by far the worst I have seen. He couldn't roll ****, and was getting busted up while he tried to do it, hence why he tried to use a high guard after and proceeded to quit.
            It just became apparent to me that either A) you don't know a thing about boxing or B) because you watched a choppy stream of the fight on the net, the punches that appeared to you to land, didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by britton View Post
              pretty much. other than the knockdowns, i thought he did fine. i would say holt couldn't handle bradley at all, really.
              Disagree, there was alot more to it. While Bradley clearly won, Holt put in some rounds including the 2 KD's.

Comment

I don't really credit what Mercado did to B-Hop in the 1st fight. Alot wen't on, armed soilders kicking down doors, the altitude and B-Hop felt, had he won, he wouldn't have been able to leave alive. Honestly, you know you won a fight when you get dropped twice, fight in the opponent's backyard and come out with a draw
                No doubt. I'm just saying, yeah Bradley got dropped twice, but so did Hopkins early in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Swoosh View Post
                  It just became apparent to me that either A) you don't know a thing about boxing or B) because you watched a choppy stream of the fight on the net, the punches that appeared to you to land, didn't.
                  It's funny how scrubs question peoples logic. Go **** yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                    He is no way as crafty, or as good, but some comparisons can be made to a green Hopkins of the earlier 90s.
                    The only comparison that can be made is his flagrant use of headbutts as a weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                      The only comparison that can be made is his flagrant use of headbutts as a weapon.
                      Flagrant? Nate cut him self from dipping down into Bradley's head after a body shot.

Comment

Working...
                      X