No announcement yet.

George Foreman vs Jerry Quarry

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Foreman vs Jerry Quarry

Who would win if they fight? Why did George Foreman openly dodged Jerry Quarry? Did Foreman think he could not beat Quarry?
    George Foreman
    80.00%
    Jerry Quarry
    20.00%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by Hard Boiled HK
    Who would win if they fight? Why did George Foreman openly dodged Jerry Quarry? Did Foreman think he could not beat Quarry?
    Quarry had beaten, easily I might add, heavy punchers Lyle and Shavers, so he had the right style to beat the crude big swinging Foreman. Whether or not George actually "ducked" Quarry is up for grabs because he had a $5,000,000 dollar offer on the table to fight Ali in Zaire. I'm not sure if that affected whether or not the proposed Quarry fight; but in the end, it didn't take place.

For what it's worth, I think it's entirely conceivable that Quarry could have beaten Foreman from a style perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG
      Quarry had beaten, easily I might add, heavy punchers Lyle and Shavers, so he had the right style to beat the crude big swinging Foreman. Whether or not George actually "ducked" Quarry is up for grabs because he had a $5,000,000 dollar offer on the table to fight Ali in Zaire. I'm not sure if that affected whether or not the proposed Quarry fight; but in the end, it didn't take place.

For what it's worth, I think it's entirely conceivable that Quarry could have beaten Foreman from a style perspective.
      On Quarry's website, there's the quote:

"I dodged him, purposely." - George Foreman

I suppose it could be because of the 5 million dollars.

Comment

Foreman was scared of Frazier and didn't want to fight him. If it wasn't for the title, I doubt Foreman would want anything to do with Frazier.
        Georges fears were laid to rest though when he fought Fraizer and I think the same woukd happen if he fought Quarry.

Quarry had beaten, easily I might add, heavy punchers Lyle and Shavers
        Although they had shaky chins, especially Shavers.

If I had to put money on it, I would definatly back Foreman.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger
          Foreman was scared of Frazier and didn't want to fight him. If it wasn't for the title, I doubt Foreman would want anything to do with Frazier.
          Georges fears were laid to rest though when he fought Fraizer and I think the same woukd happen if he fought Quarry.

Although they had shaky chins, especially Shavers.

If I had to put money on it, I would definatly back Foreman.
          I didn't know Foreman was scared of Frazier. Interesting.

Comment

Foreman. I can't see Quarries punching power serving as a problem for George. Quarry cuts easily. I can see this as a TKO in 2.

Comment

Big George. Blowout.

Comment

Foreman, despite tasting the canvas once himself. Quarry was a tough mofo, and hit hard. Foreman in a war, by round 4.

Comment

Foreman is bit too strong, good chinned, heavy handed and determined for Quarry imo.

Comment

Foreman is bit too strong, good chinned, heavy handed and determined for Quarry imo.
                    I agree. I doubt quarry would be able to handle Foreman. He was, in my opinion, a much better all round boxer than lyle and shavers with better attributes.

Comment

Working...
                    X