No announcement yet.

how do cutmen stop bleeding?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do cutmen stop bleeding?

can you buy those things from the local drugstore.....i had a small laceration today i had to wait 2 hours in the hospital er to finally get it fixed.......wish i could do it on my own.....

There's nothing you really do to make it stop bleeding. There a process your body goes through to make it stop bleeding, i just forgot what its called atm. Unless of course, you get stitched up.

Cutmen typically whipe the blood off and apply pressure to it with cotton. In desperate measures I seen some use super glue but DONT even do it. Really you just gotta wait it out. Put something on it, neosporin, some gauze, a band-aid, whatever and it will usually stop on its own.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
      There's nothing you really do to make it stop bleeding. There a process your body goes through to make it stop bleeding, i just forgot what its called atm
      bloodcloth?

Comment

coagulate. where it thickens up and seals off the cut. cutmen use something (dont know what its called) that quickens that process up on top of putting Vaseline on it.

Comment

Originally posted by g0tcha View Post
          coagulate. where it thickens up and seals off the cut. cutmen use something (dont know what its called) that quickens that process up on top of putting Vaseline on it.
          There you go, that word. vaseline really doesn't work either. It just hides the cut so judges wont score from the "look" of a fighter's face.

Comment

well it helps with the coagulation. thats why you pinch your nose when you get a nose bleed so that instead of just leaking out blood for a few years it stops it from leaking out and coagulates faster. the Vaseline will stop whatever the stuff they put on it to quicken up the coagulation didnt stop from not having enough time. the only reason it starts bleeding again is because it gets punched and the Vaseline is removed. otherwise it would sit nicely until it coagulates unless its one of those fatty gashes that need a sick amount of stitches on heh.

Comment

i hear the word adrenaline alot. is that it?

The brown looking vaseline they put in the cut and then the regular vaseline over the cut.

Comment

Originally posted by I3C727 View Post

The brown looking vaseline they put in the cut and then the regular vaseline over the cut.
                no.

adrenaline is a chemical that your adrenal gland produces to give you the "fight or flight" feeling. Only thing it has to do with bleeding is not allowing a cut to stop flowing.

Comment

Originally posted by I3C727 View Post

yea there is like 3 differnt products that are legal to put on a cut, adrenaline is the most popular and cheaper of the three. the best one i know is very very expensive and the boxers usually give money to the cutmen up front to buy it. i no gatti and wards cutmen who were the best in boxing used mass on them.

Comment

Adrenaline 1:1000 and Avitene are the only two chemicals allowed by athletic comissions for cutmen to stop bleeding. They cause clotting or coagulation which stops/reduces the bleeding.

The cotton swabs you see them apply pressure to a cut with are soaked in adrenaline. Avitene isn't used as much, but it's a white powder that's put in the cut. You'll usually see it mixed with a bit of vaseline to make a paste that is easier to apply.

Vaseline is put over the cut to help hold in the chemicals, to clog up the cut if it's still bleeding so it doesn't get in the boxers eyes and to help prevent the cut from getting worse as the punches will slip off a bit.

However this stuff is only good to stop the bleeding fast since their is only a minute between rounds. If you've got a cut, just put pressure on it for a while, and you'll still probably need to go to the hospital to get it stitched up so it heals properly.

Comment

Working...
                    X