Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon Jones: Best Year In MMA's History (2011)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Jones: Best Year In MMA's History (2011)

First let me start out by saying Rashad Evans is my favorite fighter right now.

But let's be real. Jon Jones had one of the best years in MMA history. He beat an undefeated Bader, DESTROYED Shogun, submitted Rampage, and ran through Machida.

I know Shogun had a nice run during PRIDE's Grand Prix, but I don't think his run compares to Jones' run this year.

Thoughts?

Shogun's "run" was more dominance. At one point he was second only to Fedor. Also, dont forget Wandy's 20 fight unbeaten streak.

Comment

i think shoguns 05 is very slightly better, but jon jones year is a bigger breakthrough.

Jon Jones is for sure the better fighter of the two tho, prime for prime. And jones isn't even prime yet.

Comment

I think what Shogun did was just incedible and still ranks a top as one of the best runs along with Wandy and Fedor unbeaten in like 27 fights I think could be off a lil there and lets not forget what Vitor Belfort did as well beast for a good run, I will say that Jones 2011 had been off the hook tho winning fights almost at will I just think the UFC of today is a little different then what it once was and nothing like Pride as we saw in the video provided by Swizzy should be a geat debate lets see...

Comment

Working...
        X