No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cleverly: Hopkins, Perfect Guy To Prove That I'm Elite

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cleverly: Hopkins, Perfect Guy To Prove That I'm Elite

Nathan Cleverly insists the negativity surrounding his reign as WBO light-heavyweight champion has fuelled his determination to eventually become the ruler of the division.

Cleverly will be making the fifth defence of his world title when he meets Germany based Kosovan Robin Krasniqi - a mandatory challenger - at Wembley Arena on Saturday night.

Inactivity caused by politics and postponements limited the 26-year-old from Cefn Forest, Wales, to only four fights in 2011 and 2012 and have tested his loyalty to promoter Frank Warren.

The standard of his opposition has also been seized upon by critics with recent conquests Aleksy Kuziemski, Tommy Karpency and Shawn Hawk failing to enhance his profile.
    [Click Here To Read More]

What about the legitimate champion in the division?

Comment

Now, we all have to admit that Hopkins is still a force at 175 lber... but, this statement is hilarious, imo. "Fighting a man that's nearly 50 will prove how great I am!" Really? Well done to you.

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
        Now, we all have to admit that Hopkins is still a force at 175 lber... but, this statement is hilarious, imo. "Fighting a man that's nearly 50 will prove how great I am!" Really? Well done to you.
        Hopkins is a champion, his age is irrelevant. He just beat a young strong champion, so if Cleverly beats him he should get his credit.

Comment

Sadly, I think Cleverly would stand a decent chance of outworking Hopkins. The only good thing about it is that hopefully it would force Cleverly to stay at the elite level and stop fighting the chumps he's been beating so far.

Comment

He really is determined to follow in the footsteps of Joe Calzaghe. Don't expect him to come knocking on Kesslers door though should he beat Froch. He'll be up calling out a 90yr old B-Hop & Roy Jones Jr.

I really do hope one accepts and somehow KHTFO!

P.S Princess Nathan you have a fight tonight against Krasniqi, in case you've forgotten
            Last edited by dan_cov; 04-20-2013, 08:37 AM.

Comment

i see a robbery if this ever happens

Comment

Nathan's name-dropping again, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  Hopkins is a champion, his age is irrelevant. He just beat a young strong champion, so if Cleverly beats him he should get his credit.
                  I'd give Cleverly some credit, as Hopkins has shown he can still compete at a decent level... but are you really telling me that a young champion going after a 48 year old title holder instead of the top guy in the division is impressive...?

Comment

Commend Clev if he goes for it. Hopkins is tough for anyone even now.

Comment

Working...
                    X