No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Joan Guzman Ripped and Ready For Khabib

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Joan Guzman Ripped and Ready For Khabib

Two time former champion Joan Guzman 33-0-1 (20 KO’s) continues to put in work for his high stakes fight on November 30th, when he faces unbeaten Russian Khabib Allakhverdiev at the BB&T Center in Sunrise, Fla. Guzman-Allahkverdiev will fight for the WBA junior welterweight title in the main event of The “BEATDOWN” card presented by Acquinity Sports.

[Click Here To Read More]

Joan looks good and is focused. Glad to see him doing better for himself in Florida. Here in Brooklyn there were too many distractions. All he would do is train (albeit hard, I'll give him that) but go home and eat fried foods and snacks and sit down and get on his PlayStation. The change of scenery did him good. Argenis is down there too and I'm glad to see him doing good as well. The move from Brooklyn did them both justice. Pa'lante hermano!
    Last edited by {Pito}; 11-21-2012, 02:03 AM.

Comment

How did this guy ever make 122 pounds before? I remember an old interview with him on Max boxing or some site back in 2003 or 2004 and the guy who was helping him train said that Guzman walks around at 170 pounds or something like that and had to cut a lot of weight. I bet he took a lot of diuretics just to make weight at those smaller weights.

Comment

2013 - Guzman vs Broner

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
          How did this guy ever make 122 pounds before? I remember an old interview with him on Max boxing or some site back in 2003 or 2004 and the guy who was helping him train said that Guzman walks around at 170 pounds or something like that and had to cut a lot of weight. I bet he took a lot of diuretics just to make weight at those smaller weights.
          Really dude? Oh I guess the fact that when we are younger the body is a lot different than we are older doesnt matter, right? Wow let's just keep on hating because for some of us that's the fuel that keeps going. Just give the guy his due for the time being as its obvious he is taking this thing serious right now.

Comment

Joan Guzman ready for Kebabs the fat bastard.

Comment

I was always a fan of Guzman but he frustrated the life out of everyone with his attitude, but hopefully he realises this is the last chance saloon.
              I know it's not a popular belief, but I still think he would cause fits amongst most of the guys at 140

Comment

He a good fighter but i remember Ali Funeka put a beating on him, one of the worst robberies ive ever seen in boxing

Comment

anyone care to place a bet with me ? if he loses his fight up until his next fight you will get your points back

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
                    He a good fighter but i remember Ali Funeka put a beating on him, one of the worst robberies ive ever seen in boxing
                    What's your point exactly? He got beat that night but fought with a lot of heart! He himself was not one of the judges so you are going to hate on the guy because of that? Is this the first robbery you have seen in boxing? Don't mix one thing with the other.

Comment

Working...
                    X