No announcement yet.

So about this Floyd-Gamboa matchup

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So about this Floyd-Gamboa matchup

Im trying to figure out if what 50 is doing with Gamboa is a good thing or a bad. Today I get to work and I hear a couple of guys saying some crazy **** like "Floyd is about to fight Gamboa." One of them watches boxing and knows Gamboa but by no means is he a hardcore dude. The other one, is more casual. He just knows the big names and of course didn't know who Gamboa was. So Im there thinking to myself, 50 throwing Gamboa's name out there is getting him some publicity. I mean, a dude who doesn't even know Gamboa is talking about him. He might just go home and YouTube him or something. By no means do I think this fight has any chance of happening (but I wouldn't be surprised if it did). But Gamboa went from being out of the ring a year to people talking about him fighting Mayweather. That can only be good for his name no? I think what 50 is doing is good but bad at the same time. He's getting Gamboa's name out there but at the same time starting beef with the other promoters.

PS Some CASUALS might even think Mayweather ducked Gamboa. Cause he was offered 20M bonus and didn't take the fight. Casuals wouln't know any better.

Tell Gamboa to stop ducking Rios.

Comment

well, it doesn't get any better then a floyd fight. as ludicrous as it is to us who aren't fair weather fans.

Comment

You're thinking way too much into this whole thing

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
          Tell Gamboa to stop ducking Rios.
          Tell Rios he can thank Oner/Arum cause he was in for an ass whooping. If Abril schooled him Gamboa would've KOed his ass. Now stick to the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            You're thinking way too much into this whole thing
            How so? There's a guy who doesn't even know Gamboa talking about him. By no means am I saying this fight is gonna happen or anything like that. Im just saying, 50 got people talking about Gamboa who don't even know him. This could result into more people tuning in to the Pacquia-JMM card just to watch Gamboa.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
              Im trying to figure out if what 50 is doing with Gamboa is a good thing or a bad. Today I get to work and I hear a couple of guys saying some crazy **** like "Floyd is about to fight Gamboa." One of them watches boxing and knows Gamboa but by no means is he a hardcore dude. The other one, is more casual. He just knows the big names and of course didn't know who Gamboa was. So Im there thinking to myself, 50 throwing Gamboa's name out there is getting him some publicity. I mean, a dude who doesn't even know Gamboa is talking about him. He might just go home and YouTube him or something. By no means do I think this fight has any chance of happening (but I wouldn't be surprised if it did). But Gamboa went from being out of the ring a year to people talking about him fighting Mayweather. That can only be good for his name no? I think what 50 is doing is good but bad at the same time. He's getting Gamboa's name out there but at the same time starting beef with the other promoters.

PS Some CASUALS might even think Mayweather ducked Gamboa. Cause he was offered 20M bonus and didn't take the fight. Casuals wouln't know any better.
              50 is doing the same thing Bob Arum did with pac.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
                yup. same plan different limited speaking english fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
                  Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                  yup. same plan different limited speaking english fighter.
                  Yea... putting himself on the bad side of other promoters as well. A lot of big fights will not happen for Gamboa cause of the rivalry. (Assuming this whole feud is real)

EDIT: Dunn we made a bet for Salido-Garcia? I need to add that. My sig was deleted with my bets and I had to re-do them.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                    How so? There's a guy who doesn't even know Gamboa talking about him. By no means am I saying this fight is gonna happen or anything like that. Im just saying, 50 got people talking about Gamboa who don't even know him. This could result into more people tuning in to the Pacquia-JMM card just to watch Gamboa.
                    NOBODY is going to buy JMM-Pac just to see Gamboa

Comment

Working...
                    X